Friday, September 6, 2019

Heartbreaker

Book Review of Heartbreaker (Paths to love Series)



Title: Heartbreaker


Series: Path To Love Series


Author: Grahame Claire


Date Published:September 12th 2019 


Date Read: August 31, 2019


The Blurb:

Mulaney

I have a secret.
And only he knows.
He took my carefully crafted world and turned it upside down.
Now my career hangs in the balance.
I swore I'd never give anyone control over my life again, but I may have done something worse...
Given him my heart.

Easton
I have a secret.
And she doesn't know.
What she calls a mistake, I call the beginning.
I've been respectful. Patient. A gentleman.
With everything on the line, including the company we've built with my family, that stops now.
She thinks I'll forget about what we've done.
But the truth is all secrets come to light...
Especially the ones we want to stay buried most.

My Review



3.5 Yummy Easton Stars



I love the Paths of Love series. I fell madly in love with Daniel and Viv. Rooted for Stone and Muriella's HEA. Enjoyed the sweetness of deep love and second chances with Juliana and Mitch. And I have been looking forward to Sassy, tough Mulaney, and bad boy Carlos getting their own books. Though it makes me sad to say, as much as I liked this book, I didn't love it like I loved the others. Don't get me wrong, the plot and the writing is good. I really loved Easton, but Mulaney kinda got on my nerves. Which really shocked me. I loved her in past books. The problem was next to cheating my second biggest reading pet peeve is cowardly behavior, and Mulaney's running in fear from her feelings was too much for my liking. 



Easton really carried this book for me. He was sexy and loyal and loved Mulaney something fierce. I loved how he pushed Mulaney's buttons, but knew when to give space, too. I really really loved that even while he gave Mulaney space to deal with her fear he didn't come off like a doormat. Which sometimes happens when one mc is pushing and pulling away in a love story. Easton had dignity and confidence. I totally loved him. Mulaney I had a harder time with. At times in the read I was reminded of the Mulaney from books past. Strong, smart, sassy and unafraid to speak her mind. Then at other times I wanted to shake some sense into her. I loved Easton and Mulaney together when she pulled her head from her butt and gave into her feelings. They had good sexual tension and made a great couple. 




The plot was really good. I was shocked at who the "Bad Guy" turned out to be. I loved getting to see past couples again. Anytime I get more Daniel is a total win for me. The part with Ruby broke my heart. I was glad it didn't go the way I feared. I love me some sassy Ruby. Easton's parents were so supportive and sweet. I ate up every moment with Carlos. OMG the the tension between Carlos and Holly. I can't wait to see what is happening there. I really need more Carlos in my life. Overall a pretty good read. While this book isn't one of my favorites in the series, I'm very much looking forward to the next one, and would highly recommend this whole series if you are looking for a sexy contemporary romance with delicious heroes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment