Monday, June 13, 2016

Protect Me

Book Review of Protect Me (The Donovan Family series)



Title: Protect Me

Series: The Donovan Family Series

Author: Margaret Watson

Date Published:November 11th 2015

Date Read:    June 13th 2016

The Blurb:

Police officer Mia Donovan is studying for the detective's exam when her captain offers her an assignment – be Finn O'Rourke's personal bodyguard for the next three weeks. He's in town to film a movie, he has a stalker, and the threats are escalating. 


Mia isn't interested – she's focused on the looming exam. But her captain convinces her that successfully protecting Finn will look very good on her record when promotion decisions are made. So, reluctantly, she takes the assignment. 

Finn isn't the arrogant, egotistical actor Mia expected. There's more than meets the eye when it comes to the 'most hated man in America', Finn's nickname since he cheated on his girlfriend, a beloved pop star. 

But his stalker is lurking and the threat is escalating. Although Mia's feelings for Finn are growing, her job is to protect Finn, not fall in love with him. 

My Review


3.5 Stalker Stars



*Spoilers*

Protect Me, the 6th book in The Donovan Family series and the 3rd one I have read was pretty good but I liked the other two better. I felt this book was much slower then the other two books I read and there wasn't as much action. Although I never got bored I wish it would have flowed a little bit better. I like Mia a lot. Finn on the other hand didn't really wow me. He was just there. I guess standing next to yummy twin cops with sexy, protective, alpha personalities like Connor from book 4 and Quinn from book 2 Finn kinda fell flat. It also didn't help that it took him a little over 3 months to figure out that walking away from Mia was the biggest mistake of his life. I was glad that Mia was a strong female lead. She didn't take crap from no one and she handed out the sass. I loved that when Finn came back she didn't just throw herself into his arms and let him off the hook but made him work for it. I loved the parts with Rose and Pete! Overall an entertaining read, but Quinn's my favorite. 








No comments:

Post a Comment