Thursday, June 23, 2016

Tough Luck Hero

Book Review of Tough Luck Hero (Copper Ridge series)


Title: Tough Luck Hero

Series: Copper Ridge Series

Author: Maisey Yates

Date Published:June 28th 2016

Date Read:    June 22th 2016

The Blurb:

Ranching heir Colton West knew his wedding would be the talk of the town. But he didn't expect to get left at the altar—or to escape on the next flight to Vegas with Lydia Carpenter, the woman who gets under his skin like no one else. The only thing crazier than honeymooning with Lydia is waking up married to her. So why does he find himself entertaining his new wife's desire to stay married—and fantasizing about a real wedding night? 


As Copper Ridge's prospective mayor, Lydia can't risk a divorce scandal so close to election time. But pretending to be blissfully in love with her new husband is more confusing than she'd thought. For a man who's always rubbed her the wrong way, Colton suddenly seems to know exactly what to do with his hands. And his lips. Now Lydia's wildest mistake could turn out to be her luckiest move, if they're both willing to take the ultimate gamble…


My Review



4 Waking Up Married stars 


Mild Spoilers

"You're my accessory." As soon as she said that, she got a little giddy kick in her chest. She was enjoying the idea a little too much. "The arm candy." "I'm your arm candy?" "My trophy husband."-Lydia and Colton


Tough Luck Hero is the 6th book in the Copper Ridge series but it can be read as a standalone. This book was a very enjoyable read. I would have given it 5 stars except for one thing the heroine did towards the end that really made me mad. I have read a few book by Maisey Yates before and I really love her writing style and her sense of humor. 


I liked both the hero and the heroine, but I liked the hero a little bit more. Lydia had some major scars and I can understand her fear of letting someone close to her. She was very determined, outgoing, and smart, but she kept everyone at arm's length. I liked Lydia but at the same time her cowardly tendencies really bugged me. There were a few times that she really frustrated me by constantly letting fear rule her and her relationship with Colton. A few times I wouldn't have minded shaking her really hard. Just sayin'! And then there was the thing she did towards the end that had me deducting a star from my rating.  She tells Colton over and over again that she doesn't love him when he came to her and told her that he loved her. Then she turns around and leaves him standing there brokenhearted. Although she does come back a few hours later confesses her love for him in a big way and apologizes. 

"Colton, I like you best with your zipper down and your mouth shut."-Lydia


"Yes," she said, "I'll beg. I'll do whatever you want. Just please." "Please, what?" Heat spread over her skin like a rash. "You know what." "Maybe I don't. Maybe I need you to tell me, peaches." "Now you're being a jerk," she said, gasping as he flicked his tongue over her clit. "Tell me what you want," he said, his mouth hovering just above her core. "I need to come, damn you." "Say please, Lydia." "Bastard." "Never," he responded. "I'm an upstanding citizen." -Lydia and Colton

Colton I really liked. He was definitely sexy, hard working and loyal. He was protective of his family. Giving up his dreams to take care of his sisters and mom. Both Colton and Lydia had an A typical personality. They both were all about control and responsible. They both had very similar characteristics. I liked that they had a kind of hate/love relationship. They were so full of passion they were either ripping each other's heads off or each other's clothes off. I liked all the side characters expect for Colton's ex thank God she was barely in the book. I really liked Colton's siblings. I think I'm going to go back and read their books too. Gage the runaway brother really intrigued me. This story had a nice pace, never got boring, and was very sweet. Most of the drama was dealing with the fact that got mcs didn't want to let their walls down and feel. The epilogue was perfect. Overall I really liked this book and I can't wait for Gage's book which I believe is next. 

"Nothing about you is dumb, Lydia Carpenter. Don't play stupid now. You are my real wife. I married you, I sleep with you every night, I damn well love you. Tell me what isn't real about that?"-Colton




No comments:

Post a Comment