Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Hers to Heal

Book Review of Hers To Heal (Black Eagle Ops Series)


Title: Hers To Heal 

Series: Black Eagle Ops Series


Author: Vonnie Davis


Date Published: November 22nd 2016


Date Read:  November 22, 2016


The Blurb:

In this powerful, sensual romance from the author of Her Survivor, a broken woman meets a shattered warrior—and discovers a passion strong enough to heal each other’s deepest wounds.


Navy SEAL Reece Browning sacrificed body and soul in the line of duty. He survived torture at the hands of America’s enemies, but lost his career and his voice in the process. Traumatized and desperate to get his PTSD under control, Reece escapes to Eagle Ridge Ranch. Under the big Texas sky, he finds peace, a renewed sense of purpose—and a woman who makes him feel like a man again. Her smile lights up his dark days, and her caress helps him forget the night terrors.

Ex-Marine Gina Wilson also bears painful scars: emotional wounds inflicted by men she once trusted with her life. She has fought hard to overcome her demons and build a good life for her daughter, and Reece is too intense, too damaged, too raw to let into her heart. Yet she’s drawn irresistibly to his steely gaze and heated embrace. No one else understands what it’s like to suffer in silence. And when Gina’s daughter is threatened, it’s Reece who risks everything to save the day.


My Review



3 Wounded Warrior Stars




Hers to Heal the 2nd book in the Black Eagle Ops series was hard for me to rate. I had mixed feelings about this book. There were things I really liked about this book. I liked Reece and Piper, and the dog Nance. I thought Gina was okay but at times she really got on my nerves. I liked the wounded warrior PTSD theme of the book. But there were things that just didn't work for me. One thing that really didn't work for me was Reece and Gina's relationship. It was insta-love which I'm normally good with but this didn't feel real. I didn't feel a connection to them as a couple and I didn't feel chemistry between them. Another thing that didn't really work for me was there was some really over the top cheesiness going on in this book. I am all for cheese. I love super sweet romance but there was a few things in here that I felt just was too cheesy. The last thing that didn't work for me was the whole book felt rushed. Everything was rushed, insta-love, insta-family, insta-healing, Insta-bad guy, insta-rescue, and insta-hea. That rush kept me from getting too invested. I will say that the book had some really fun parts, and some super cute parts with Piper. Piper was my favorite part of the book. Who doesn't love a sassy 6 year old. Overall not a bad read. I feel if this book had a little more meat it would have been a real hit. If the book would have slowed down a bit, added some more pages, more relationship, and personality development it could have been a 5 star for me. I would read this author again!




No comments:

Post a Comment