Tuesday, December 6, 2016

This is Love, Baby

Book Review of This Is Love Baby (War & Peace Series)


Title: This is Love Baby

Series:War & Peace Series


Author: K. Webster 


Date Published: March 29th 2016


Date Read:   December 03, 2016


The Blurb:

My War was over and I had lost. My captor reminded me I was nothing more than his pawn.

His strategy never changed…it was always me.

But what he didn’t know was that LOVE always wins.

In my War, I’d found not only peace 
but LOVE as well.

I’d been through a battlefield with my War and LOVE was what brought us to the other side.
Our LOVE was beautiful and pure. Undying. 

My captor thinks he has won this war. That I will LOVE him.
What he doesn’t know is this time, I’m the one with a strategy. I’m always thinking several moves ahead of him, my War taught me that.

I will outsmart him and find peace again.
This is a war I will win.
My LOVE will conquer all.

Warning:
This is Love, Baby is a dark romance. Strong sexual themes and violence which could trigger emotional distress are found in this story. Terrible, terrible things happen to our poor heroine, so you’ve been properly warned. This story is NOT for everyone.


My Review



4 Worth the War Stars




Spoilers

Well I really liked this book. So much more than I did the first one. Which surprises me because after the first one didn't meet my expectations I didn't have high hopes for this one. I only read it to see what happened thanks to the cliffhanger from book 1. I'm glad I read this one. It was so good and dark that I would have given it 5 stars but I took a star off for Brandon. I just couldn't buy into his trip to crazy town. It was just to out of character, too over the top and just unbelievable.

 
If it wasn't for Brandon turning into a sociopath this would have been perfect! Again Gabe was the epitome of evil and psychotic to his core. Perfect for a dark read. War was great this book, but he was great the last book. I did like seeing his character growth. War came so far from the mess he was in book 1. But Baylee stole the show for me this time around. I felt way more of a connection to her in this book. I loved that she fought back, got angry and did what she had to do to survive. Her actions were way more believable in this book, and I found myself really liking her and rooting for her and War's hea. I loved the intensity of War and Bay's relationship in this book. Their love felt so deep. Overall I felt more connected, more intrigued, and more on the edge with this book than with book one. Although I didn't like the cliffy like ending in this book. It kinda took away from my Hea that I so deserved! I am going to continue on with the series even though I worry if I will like the next one. A few friends have warned me the next one gets gross and kinda over the top. So I guess we shall see!



No comments:

Post a Comment