Monday, January 30, 2017

Wicked Cowboy Charm

Book Review of Wicked Cowboy Charm (Lucky Penny Ranch Series)


Title: Wicked Cowboy Charm

Series: Lucky Penny Ranch Series


Author: Carolyn Brown


Date Published: January 31 2016


Date Read:   January  29, 2017


The Blurb:

ONE BLIZZARD, ONE BUNKHOUSE,AND A WHOLE LOTTA TROUBLE . . . 

Josie Dawson is new in town, but it doesn't take a local to know that Deke Sullivan is trouble--in a smokin' hot package. He's sweet, sexy, and has charmed just about every woman in Dry Creek, Texas. Well, Josie won't be next. She'll keep her distance, even if he is great with babies and makes a mean cup of homemade hot chocolate.
Deke Sullivan really is a one-woman type of guy. He just had to do a lot of looking to find that one woman. Now he thinks he's found her and he won't let a strong, sassy gal like Josie slip away. Just when he's wondering how to convince her he only has eyes for her, they get stranded in a tiny cabin during a major blizzard. If Deke can melt her heart before they dig out of the snow, he'll be the luckiest cowboy in Texas . . . 

The Lucky Penny Ranch Series: Wild Cowboy WaysHot Cowboy Nights Merry Cowboy ChristmasWicked Cowboy Charm 

My Review


3 Too Slow Stars



I have loved the Lucky Penny Ranch series since book 1. The first 3 books in the series I loved, but this one just didn't do it for me. I had been looking forward to Deke's book and it makes me sad that I didn't really care for this one. I really like Carolyn Brown's writing style and I loved the first 3 couples but I felt nothing for Deke and Josie. I didn't connect to them individually and I didn't feel their relationship. It just fell flat. On top of that the book crawled for me. Deke and Josie didn't really have anything going on until the 69% of the book. The pace was way too slow for me and I found myself getting bored. Now that being said the book wasn't bad and I didn't hate it. I just didn't get into it. I still love Carolyn Brown and I can't wait to try the spin off series! 




No comments:

Post a Comment