Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Alpha's Promise

Book Review of Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors Series)



Title: Alpha's Promise


Series: Dark Protectors Series


Author: Rebecca Zanetti


Date Published: June 25th 2019


Date Read: June 18, 2019


The Blurb:


To hell and back . . .
Though he has vampire, demon, and Viking blood rushing through his veins, Ivar Kjeidsen’s soul-crushing trip to hell broke him in ways he can barely fathom.  One vow keeps the deadly immortal standing: To rescue the vampire brother who had sacrificed freedom for him.  To do that, Ivar needs the help of a brilliant physicist with wary brown eyes, fierce brilliance, and skin that's way too soft.

Dr. Promise Williams understands the underpinnings of the universe but has never figured out the human beings inhabiting it.   Her function is to think—and not feel—until she’s touched by a vampire who’s nowhere near human. The primal hunger in his eyes awakens feelings in her that defy calculation. As she shows him the way to step between worlds, he brands her with a pleasure that could last more than a lifetime . . .


My Review



5 Doing the math Stars




Anyone who knows me even a little, knows I'm a crazy Rebecca Zanetti Fan-girl. Dark Protectors is one of my top 5 favorite series ever. So every time I get a DP book I'm in heaven. In the years I have been reading her work, Rebecca has yet to let me down. Alpha's Promise was an awesome read. I loved Ivar and Promise together. I love the world and I really love all the old couples and past favorites popping in and out of the stories. I have mini fan-girl attacks every time. It's like coming home. 



Ivar has been through hell... literally. It left him more beast than man. Holding onto his sanity by a thin thread. He made a promise to a brother and he planned on keeping it, even if it killed him. I loved how loyal Ivar was. He had suffered so much. I was glad that he got his HEA. Promise was a super smart physicist that didn't understand emotions. She was raised in a cold, sterile home with two parents that didn't show love or affection. Science, Math, facts, they were her friends and her way of life. Then Ivar crashed into her life filling it emotions, love, and passion. I loved that they both were so different, but went together very well. They also accepted each other fully. 



The continuation of the ongoing plot was really good. I found myself freaking out, wondering how they're going to save the world and Quade. I loved the Hope,Pax, and Drake story line and I really felt bad for Pax. Can someone please step in and take him away from his pos dad? Maybe give his dad a little of what he gives to Pax. The parts with Kane, Dage, Emma, Zane, Janie, and the kids omg Sooooooooooo good. I need more of that. A lot more. Like were was Talen???? I love me some Talen and I got none in this book!! None! Just sayin'. Everything is better with Talen. Although Garrett is like a mini Talen. I can't wait for Garrett to get his story. Also, really like what's going on with Adare and Grace, can't wait to see what happens with them. Great story, I'm so excited for the next one!





No comments:

Post a Comment