Thursday, June 13, 2019

The Bastard

Book Review of The Bastard (Filthy Series)


Title: The Bastard


Series: Filthy Series


Author: Lisa Renee Jones


Date Published: November 14th 2018


Date Read: June 13 2019


The Blurb:


ERIC MITCHELL'S STORY

I'm the bastard child, son to the mistress, my father's backup heir to the Mitchell empire. He sent me to Harvard. I left and became a Navy SEAL, but I'm back now, and I finished school on my own dime. I'm now the right hand man to Grayson Bennett, the billionaire who runs the Bennett Empire. I'm now a few months from being a billionaire myself. I don't need my father's company or his love. My "brother" can have it. I will never go back there. I will never be the mistake my father made, the way he was the mistake my mother made.

And then she walks in the door, the princess I'd once wanted more than I'd wanted my father's love. She wants me to come back. She says my father needs to be saved. I don't want to save my father but I do want her. Deeply. Passionately. More than I want anything else.

But she's The Princess and I'm The Bastard. We don't fit. We don't belong together and yet she says he needs me, that she needs me. We're like sugar and spice, we don't mix, but I really crave a taste. Just one. What harm can just one taste do?

My Review




4 Big Bastard Stars



I have never read Lisa Renee Jones before. I own some of her books and I have had her on my tbr list for a while, but this is my first real taste of her writing. It took me a while to get use to her writing. At times, especially in the beginning, it felt choppy, or rushed. Then at time it felt really flowery. At the start of the book the author really wanted to drive home the fact that Eric was the Bastard. It was commented on so much that it was like getting beat over the head with it. Around the 30% mark I really started to get into the book. But the first 30% I had a hard time staying with it. I almost DNFed the book. I am really glad I didn't though. I liked both Eric and Harper and for the most part I liked them together. However I felt there was way too much mistrust coming from Eric and at the end the way he did what he did....What a big bastard. The book ends in a cliffhanger and I plan on reading the next one because I have to see what happens next. 






No comments:

Post a Comment