Thursday, June 6, 2019

Vow Of Silence

Book Review of Vow Of Silence 


Title: Vow Of Silence


Series: Novel


Author: Melynda Price


Date Published:May 27th 2019


Date Read: June 4, 2019


The Blurb:


A killer is hiding in Plain sight…

The hunt for a serial killer leads Homicide Detective Josiah Troyer back to his Amish roots. To catch a madman preying on young women, Joe must return to Lancaster County and regain the trust of a shattered community.

The FBI knows Joe is the best chance they have of solving this case. By returning to Lancaster, he will face shunning, and resentment from the people he once called family and friends.

Hannah’s heart was broken when Josiah abandoned her eight-years ago to live with the Englishers. Forced to wed a man not of her choosing, her husband’s untimely death has left her struggling to put her life back together.

When unspeakable tragedy strikes again, Josiah unexpectedly returns, investigating the murder of her sister and two other young Amish women. Hannah quickly discovers the man that’s come back is not the same one she fell in love with.

Gone are Josiah’s easy smiles and gentle ways. He’s harder, colder—a true Englisher… But not even shunning can stop the attraction from consuming them both, and Josiah soon opens Hannah’s eyes to a world of passion and pleasure she never imagined. Choosing Josiah would mean walking away from the only world she’s ever known.

Josiah’s investigation begins to unravel when he discovers the killer is closer than he thought. Soon, he's in a race against time to save the only woman he’s ever loved before she becomes the next victim.

My Review




5 Edge Of My Seat Stars



I love Melynda Price's work. I fell in love with her Against the Cage series, and have read every book from her that I could get my hands on. So when I seen Vow Of Silence on Netgalley, I was really curious. I was use to her sexy, bad-ass MMA fighter romances, so I didn't know what to expect going into a book set in Amish country. BUT OMG!!!! OMFG it was so good. To say I was on the edge of my seat, is putting it mildly. I didn't know who the killer was until a few pages before it was revealed in the book. That doesn't happen often for me. Most of the time I know who the killer is right away. Melynda Price did an amazing job of weaving a world filled with questionable characters, a sick twisted killer, and a sweet, angsty second chance romance. I loved every minute of it. I didn't put it down till I finished it. 



Joe (Josiah) Troyer was just so yummy. I have a thing for cops (well men in uniforms really) and I love protective, alpha heroes. Joe was all that and more. He was brave, smart, sweet, and bad-ass. His love for Hannah came through strong on the pages. I didn't feel like there was a big part of their relationship missing, and I didn't feel like it lacked anything. Hannah and Joe had a strong chemistry. Hannah was also amazing. I loved that she was spirited, strong willed, and had a mind of her own. The bravery of Hannah and her inner strength really made her shine in this book. Their second chance love was on point. I loved how deep I felt their connection. Not to mention Joe's connection to Hannah's son Eli. My heart broke for that poor baby losing so much. 



Something I find a lot in Romantic suspense novels is that they will either lack in the romance part, or in the suspense part. Very rarely do I find a book that has that perfect balance. This is one of those rare jewels. The plot of this book was so good. OMG so good. It took me on a ride that had me guessing who the killer was, then 20 minutes later changing my mind. The killer was written well. He was a sick sob, and the things he did...... lets just say I would have liked his justice to be a bit more bloody. This book would have been perfect, but for one little thing. It of course didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book, but I would have loved for Hannah's father to pay for his sins as well. Still this book blew me away. I am so glad I got it and I hope Melynda Price writes more books like this. Maybe set in this world. Maybe we can get a peek into how Josiah and Hannah are doing deeper into their HEA. A girl can hope! If you like Romantic Suspense I totally recommend this book. 






No comments:

Post a Comment