Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron

     Book Review of The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron                                      (Mackenzie & McBrides)


Title: The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron

Series: Mackenzie & McBrides/ Highland Pleasures

Author: Jennifer Ashley

Date Published: August 2nd 2011

Date Read:   May 05, 2015

The Blurb:
Cameron Mackenzie is a man who loves only horses and women—in that order—or so his mistresses say.

Ainsley Douglas is a woman with a strong sense of justice and the desire to help others—even if that means sneaking around a rakish man's bedchamber.

Which is exactly where Cam finds her—six years after he caught her the first time. Only then, she convinced Cam she was seeking a liaison, but couldn't go through with it because of her husband. Now a widow, she's on a mission to retrieve letters that could prove embarrassing to the queen. Cam has no interest in Ainsley's subterfuge, but he vows to finish what they started those many years ago. One game, one kiss at a time, he plans to seduce her. And what starts out as a lusty diversion may break Cam's own rules—and heal the scars of a dark and damaging past...
 


My Review




5 Tell me how many buttons will you undo for me? 

                                           Stars





“I am a bad man, very bad, but in a different way. I want to ravish you until we’re both senseless with it, and then I want to do it all over again.”

These Mackenzie men have me swooning! The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron is another damn good book in a series full of sexy Scots written by the awesome Jennifer Ashley! I love this series. I am 3 books into this series and all 3 are beautiful, touching love stories. There is no pattern or repeat themes to these books, each one is unique and special just like the Mackenzie men are. 


“Exactly like that. Don’t stay here for me, Cam. Go where your heart is, and I’ll follow.”


What this book is about 

Cameron Mackenzie tried marriage once, and he paid dearly for it! His wife was crazy, she beat him, cheated on him, tried to hurt their newborn son Danny, and then she killed herself. Cam hates marriage, and doesn't trust women at all. He will never get married again, because he will never be stupid enough to let a woman close to him again. Instead his life is filled with his son Danny, horses, drinking, and tons of mistresses (most are married). Then Ainsley comes and turns his life inside out, making him want things he swore he would never want again. Will Lord Cameron let another woman into his heart?


"Let me be, Ainsley. Don't try to remake me in one night. I told you, I'm a wreck of a man."


Cam:



“It hurts, Ainsley. I loathed her, and still it hurts.” He dragged his sleeve back down and flipped the ruined cuff closed. “That’s why I don’t want to talk about it.”

Cam was darker than the other Mackenzie brothers. He has been hurt bad, and is your typical broody, damaged bad boy! Rough around the edges, crude, but he is a good guy. Ainsley does soften him a little, but he is still Cam. He was more of a dirty talker then the other brothers and I liked that! I love that even though Cam is fearful of marriage he doesn't act like a coward. He wants Ainsley, and he marries her. Then he tries really hard to make her happy which was so damn sweet. 


“I don’t want to be friends with you, Ainsley Douglas. I want to be your lover. I want to bury myself inside you, I want to find out whether you taste as good all the way down, I want to feel you squeezing me, and I want to hear your cries as you take me inside you.”



“I won’t promise to be a model husband,” Cameron said. “Home at six for tea and the like. I work the horses all day during racing season and stay out all night in the off season. I drink, I play cards, and my friends are not respectable. I’d treat you like a mistress, a lover, because I sure as hell don’t know how to treat a woman like a wife. If that’s not what you want, tell me now and go back to your queen.”


“My Ainsley,” Cameron whispered brokenly. “I can’t lose you. Never. Never, never. . .” His words moved with his body, Cameron losing control. “My sweet, tight, beautiful wife.”


Ainsley:



“I think we should talk about it. It’s our marriage, Cam. It’s our life.”


Ainsley is supportive, sweet, loyal, and very loving. She is very understanding. Slowing healing Cam and showing him that he can trust his heart with her. She is sassy and outspoken, but in a softer way. She is a helper ,and tends to put others needs before her own needs, or happiness. She also has a bit of a playful side. I love the way she brings Cam and his son Danny closer together. 


“And I want to see what you wear under your kilt.” Ainsley wriggled her hips, which stroked his cock. “Little devil.” “I’m not an innocent debutante. I’ve heard much about Mackenzies and their kilts.” “I like you not being an innocent debutante.” He kissed her lips again. “I’m going to thoroughly debauch you.” “Oh, heavens.” She smiled and tapped her fist to his chest. “Oh no, you wicked thing, you mustn’t.”


“It means it’s my opinion, whether you like it or not. So cease trying to insult me, or bully me, or whatever it is you’re doing.”


“I know you don’t wish me to say this, but I’m sorry,” Ainsley said. “I’m sorry about all that’s happened to you. It shouldn’t have.” Cameron rested his big hand over hers. “But it did. And I live with the ghosts.” He looked down at her, his eyes holding more warmth. “The ghosts haven’t plagued me as much lately.”




“I’m not angry with you, devil woman. I’m madly in love with you.” Ainsley looked startled, then her smile blossomed. “Are you? That’s splendid, because I love you too, Cameron Mackenzie.”



Cam and Ainsley have a hot burning passion, and a slow building love. Their relationship was sweet and touching. I enjoyed the way Cam slowly opens up and not only lets Ainsley in , but lets his son in. They heal as a family. Mac, Isabella, Beth, and Ian are in this book a little so you get updates on them. I love any time Ian is in a book , because he is the star of the series!!!! This was a great read. Now I am on to the next book. Below I leave my favorite moment from this book:


“Damn you, Ainsley, I love you so much I hurt with it. I fell in love with you the night I first caught you in my bedchamber, my little thief. I was so drunk, and you were so lovely, and I wanted you like I’d never wanted a woman before in my life. How the hell did I live so long without you?” “About as well as I lived without you.” Ainsley touched his face. “Let’s never live without each other again, all right?” “That’s what I’ve been trying to say.” Cameron straightened from her. “Bed. Now.” Her brows rose. “My, aren’t you commanding?” “I am about this. March.” He slapped his hand to her backside and half shoved, half walked her to the bed, Ainsley laughing all the way.






No comments:

Post a Comment