Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Untamed Mackenzie

                 Book Review of The  Untamed Mackenzie                                       (Mackenzie & McBrides)


Title: The Untamed Mackenzie

Series: Mackenzie & McBrides/ Highland Pleasures

Author: Jennifer Ashley

Date Published:  September 10th 2013 

Date Read:   May 09, 2015

The Blurb:
A WOMAN OF BREEDING MEETS A MAN OF NO STANDING…

To redeem her family’s disgraced name, Lady Louisa Scranton has decided to acquire a proper husband. He needs to be a man of fortune and highly respectable in order to restore both her family's lost wealth and reputation. She enters the Marriage Mart with all flags flying, determined to find the right bachelor.

But Louisa’s hopes are dashed when the Bishop of Hargate drops dead at her feet—and she is shockingly accused of murder! Soon, Louisa’s so-called friends begin shunning her, because the company of a suspected killer is never desirable in polite society.

The problem comes to the ears of Detective Inspector Lloyd Fellows, by-blow of the decadent Scottish Mackenzie family and an inspector for Scotland Yard. He has shared two passionate kisses with Lady Louisa–and vows to clear her name. For not only does he know she’s innocent, he recognizes he’s falling for the lovely lady.

Fellows is Louisa's only hope of restoring her family's honor—and it is he alone who intrigues Louisa in a way that may be even more scandalous than murder…


My Review




     4.5 Highland warriors have gone soft Stars



OMG Lloyd is just as yummy as the other MacKenzie brothers plus he is a cop. Anyone who knows me knows I have a thing for uniforms so double yummy! The Untamed MacKenzie was a total hit for me the only reason I gave it 4.5 stars instead of 5 is I needed more. More Lloyd and Louisa. More of their romance. I wish Lloyd would have got his own full novel although I will say this was a bigger novella. Daniel Mackenzie is in this book a lot and I loved the hell outta him. Danny shines in all the books he is in , but he really stood out in this one and I can't wait for his book! Louisa and Lloyd had tons of chemistry. The murder mystery kept me intrigued and the story flowed well. I love the brothers bonding. A great addition to the series!


Below I leave a few of my favorites quotes from this book:

“Then why do I think about kissing you every time I see you? I should be at my sister’s ball, hoping one of the gentlemen I dance with will propose to me and solve my troubles. Instead, I ran off with you the moment you beckoned. Whenever I see you, I know I don’t want duty and properness—I want the wicked things my brothers-in-law whisper to my sisters-in-law when they think I don’t hear them. I want to do those things with you, not with the young men I was raised to expect to marry. Please, explain to me how I can be so innocent with those desires in my head.”


“Listen to yourself. Poor martyred Louisa. I predict that Fellows will solve this murder and then sweep you off your feet.” Daniel shrugged. “Well, the sweeping-you-off-your-feet part might take a little nudge. But he wants to do it. It’s a beautiful thing to watch the way he looks at you. Fellows glared at Gil tonight as though he wanted to find a claymore, learn how to use it, and finish him off. Or just pull out a pistol and shoot him.”



“That and a word with Uncle Hart to hurry Hargate’s chances of getting into the House of Lords. Only room for so many bishops’ bums on the seats there. Someone has to die before another can come in the front door. Hargate wanted to be moved to the top of the list. I told him he was optimistic about Hart opening a way for him. Hart’s harder to blackmail than anyone I know. Trust me. I’ve tried. My ears still hurt from the drubbing he gave me.” Daniel rubbed the side of his head. “Of course, I was only ten at the time and not practiced.”



I am on to the next one :)



No comments:

Post a Comment