Saturday, September 26, 2015

Know Me

Book Review Know Me  (Defiant MC Series)


Title: Know Me

Series: Defiant MC Series

Author: Cora Brent

Date Published:  March 12th 2014

Date Read:  July  03, 2015

The Blurb:
As the daughter of the Coast Devils MC President, Kira Tolleson was raised around dangerous men. But her father, Crest Tolleson, always took pains to keep Kira out of the violent chaos surrounding the club. 
When a rival gang massacres the Coast Devils, including Kira’s father, she knows their brutality will not spare her if she is found. 
In desperation Kira flees to the Arizona desert to find the one man who might help her. 
His name is Orion. As leader of the Defiant MC, he is tough, explosive, unbearably sexy. 
And once, he was her father’s best friend. 
Confronted by the innocent young woman he'd known long ago, Orion agrees to take her in. 
That is, if Kira is willing to meet his terms...


My Review




                   
                      4 I’m going to ride like hell Stars 






“You can belong to me.”

Wow Know Me is a great read. I took a star off because it wasn't long enough. It so needed to be about 100 or more pages longer. Even as short as it was, it still rocked it out. 

What this book is about

Kira is home from college for a few days on a impromptu visit with her dad, Crest Tolleson the president of the Warlocks MC. On her first night home after going to bed she hears screams, gun shots, then her dad comes busting through the door bleeding, opens the window sitting her out it and tells her to run. No sooner did her dad get the window closed again did she hear the president of another MC gang coming in the room saying how he was going to hunt her down and have some fun with her and then killed her father. Kira not knowing what to do or who to turn to, runs to the only one she can think of that will be able to help her , her father's best friend Orion. Orion and her father had a bad falling out 10 years ago and she hasn't seem him since, but she knows where he is, and that he is the president of Defiant MC. When Kira shows up Orion tells her he will keep her safe if ... She will be his!

“So some things don’t change,” he said. Then he looked me over, his face growing more serious. “And some things do,” 




“Orion, I love you so fucking much,” I cried and didn’t care that I’d said it because it was true. He moaned in an agonized voice. “Kira, baby. Shit, what have you done to me?” 


This book was HOTT! Orion is 40 and Kira is 20 so this book has the sexy older man, daddy's best friend taboo thing going on, plus he is a badass MC president. Both Kira and Orion are very likeable characters. Kira is very innocence. Her dad kept her away from most of the MC way of life, and she doesn't date. She is to busy with school. Having not been with a man, Orion is a lot to bite off for her first time, but she can hold her own with him in the relationship. Orion was rough around the edges and nothing is innocence about him, but he has a good heart. They fall hard,and fast. They can't keep their hands off each other and have explosive chemistry. My only problem with this book is it just wasn't long enough. I needed more character development, and more relationship development. Also I would have liked to have known why her father and Orion parted ways. Over all a really good book and I am looking forward to the next one. 


“But I’d take that. I’d gladly deal with the hole you’ve ripped in my heart if it meant I’d get to keep you.” He smoothed my hair, his face crumbling. “But I’d be a selfish piece of shit to hold you here. And that’s not something I can live with. Not where you’re concerned.”



No comments:

Post a Comment