Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ruthless Game

Book Review of Ruthless Game (GhostWalkers)


Title: Ruthless Game

Series: GhostWalkers Series

Author: Christine Feehan

Date Published:   December 28th 2010

Date Read:  May 30, 2015

The Blurb:
GhostWalker Kane Cannon's mission plunges him into a hot zone more personal than he anticipated: the hiding place of Rose Patterson-hunted fugitive, ex-lover, and a fellow GhostWalker desperate to save the life of her unborn child. Kane's Child.


My Review


5 Super baby Stars

* some spoilers*



“I’ll just have to sit here, fantasizing about taking a long, wild ride on your very enormous hard-on.” 

OMG! I love this book! Ruthless Game is the 9th book in the Ghostwalker series, and this series is just as strong as ever! I am such a sucker when it comes to babies in love stories, and this book gave me tons of swoon worthy moments. This series rocks, and I am a huge Christine Feehan Fan girl.

“I was there. I saw what he was doing. I risked my career, my life, to expose him to the Senate. I can’t make you believe in me, Rose. I can only tell you that you’re free. If you want to walk out that door, I won’t stop you, but if you choose to stay with me, then that gives me every right to protect you in any way that I deem appropriate.”

What this book is about

Kane Cannon is a member of Ghostwalker team 3. He allowed Dr. Whitney to make him a part of the breeding program when Dr. Whitney told him Rose, who he has been watching and wanting from a far, has chosen him to be her mate, and the father to her child. Rose hates the breeding program, but she knows that Dr. Whitney will send someone, whether she likes it, or not. She has been watching Kane for a while now, and she is very drawn to him. She is not only attracted to him, but she can see what a good, and honorable man he is. So she tells Dr. Whitney she will have Kane if he will pair them. After Making love to Rose, Kane finds out that she was pregnant with his child, and helps her, and the other women in program to escape Dr. Whitney. It's been 8 months that he has been looking for Rose so he can help protect her, and his child. He finds her while on a rescue mission in Mexico. Rose has enemies coming at her from every side, and she is getting to close to birth time to keep running. Can Kane get her to trust him, and his family(team) to protect her, and their child? 

Kane:


“Fuck Whitney and what he thinks he knows. You trusted me to make a baby with you. You trusted me to deliver our child and to get you both out of trouble. You can trust me with your heart. God knows, I gave you mine completely. You walk away, and you take it with you.”


I love Kane! He is so sweet, and understanding. He tries to give Rose what he thinks she needs not only to be safe, but to be happy. He is loving, and treats her with such respect. Kane has a goofball, playful side, and a solemn super soldier side! Cool under pressure. He is very protective of those he loves. OMG the way he is with their son. I melted. Nothing is Sexier than a good father!!!!!!!

“I wanted him too, Rose. I will admit I didn’t like the way he was conceived, but I wanted you to have my baby. I know you think my attraction to you is all about Whitney pairing us together, but he can’t make me feel admiration and respect for you. He can’t control my other emotions through physical chemistry.”


“You’re so damn sexy, soldada hermosa, especially when you go all blow-things-up and scary on me.” She pursed her lips and made kissy noises. “Just a gentle reminder.” He laughed out loud. “Just so you know, I’m the jealous type.” Her eyebrow shot up. “Fine time to tell me. I thought I was going to get to take lots of lovers. Guess not.” “Damn right you guess not.”


“Don’t ruin my fantasy, honey. I’m the knight in shining armor and you’re my beautiful princess. I’m not a man of words. I’m just not. I want to say them to you, but I guess I just feel like an idiot trying to be all poetic.” His smile was crooked, almost wistful. “I want to be the man who saves you when you’re drowning, Rose, when life overwhelms you. And I want you to be the woman who does the same for me. I can’t make you believe me. I can only tell you that I’m standing in front of you, very much in love. It’s up to you whether you want to let Whitney take our lives from us.”


Rose:


“Kane, you really are silly sometimes. You’re the kindest, most gentle man I’ve ever met. You’re not at all like you think you are.”

I really liked Rose. She is a nice blend of Kick ass soldier and soft woman. She wants Kane, wants a family, and to give their son a loving normal safe life, but she is fearful to hope that she could have her dreams. She doesn't push Kane away, or run from him. She accepts him into her life, and tries to make them as much of a family as they can be with everyone after them. She is all in with Kane, and I love that. I hate yo yos. She is very good to Kane, seeing the best in him. She is very protective, and wants to help and pull her weight with the team. 

“I made the choice before you ever came to my room, Kane,” she admitted. “I watched you for weeks and maybe became a little obsessed with you. I’d never seen anyone like you before. Maybe our time together wasn’t memorable to you, but I remember every single detail. I remember the way you touched me, how your skin felt against mine, how careful you were with me. I hear the sound of your voice at night, and it comforts me. Nothing has ever made me feel the way you did. If I only had that one night with you, it was enough for me.”

“I’m scared too, Kane,” she admitted. “I thought you were a logical choice for the father of my baby.” A slight smile welled up. “You’re very good-looking, and you have strength of character and integrity. There’s no cruelty in you. No subterfuge. I thought we’d live together and be happy and comfortable.”

“I’m not above putting you over my knee.” She went up on her toes to cover the scant couple of inches needed to find his mouth with hers. “Sounds intriguing,” she murmured against his lips. She brushed kisses back and forth across his mouth. “But you’d better really enjoy it, because once you let me up, I’ll have to retaliate, just for the sake of all women across the world.”



I really enjoyed this book. Kane, Rose and Sebastian make the cutest family. Kane and Rose together are so very sweet, but they are very passionate too. I love that this book connects all the Ghostwalker teams, and gives you another peek into the sick mind of Dr. Whitney. This book also reveals a no good traitor to the Ghostwalkers. OMG Javier and Rhianna had sparks flying everywhere. Please Please Christine Feehan I need Javier and Rhianna's book Please!!!!! Great addition to this series. 

Below I leave my favorite sweet family moments:

“I’ll teach you, son, everything you’ll need to know to keep yourself alive and free of our enemies. And how to keep your mom safe.” He nuzzled the boy’s head. “We’ll never tell her that part, it will be our secret.”


“That’s my woman. Scare the crap out of the bastard.” He cleared his throat. “Don’t use that word, son. Especially never in your mother’s presence. She’d probably stick a knife in my gut.” He cleared his throat again. “Don’t ever repeat our conversations to her either. I’m fairly certain she wouldn’t be happy with anything I’m saying to you.”


“We won’t let him get his hands on you, son,” he promised softly. He very gently laid his hand on the boy’s head. “Your mother and I wanted you. Whatever else happens, know you were wanted by both of us.”



No comments:

Post a Comment