Monday, September 7, 2015

Viper Game

Book Review of Viper Game (GhostWalkers)



Title: Viper Game

Series: GhostWalkers Series

Author: Christine Feehan

Date Published:    January 27th 2015

Date Read:  June 2, 2015

The Blurb: 
GhostWalker Wyatt Fontenot knows the price he paid for the secret military experiments that gave him his special catlike abilities. After all, he left his bayou home a healer and came back a killer. While Wyatt and his GhostWalker brother Gator may have known exactly the sort of game they were getting into, Wyatt never anticipated where it would lead—or to whom.

The swamps hold many mysteries, but few are as sinuously seductive as Le Poivre de Cayenne. The woman the locals call Pepper is every bit as enigmatic as the three little girls she’s desperately trying to protect. From what, Wyatt is soon to discover. Right now Pepper needs a man like Wyatt. Passionately. But her secrets are about to take them both deeper into the bayou than either imagined—where desire is the deadliest poison of all.

My Review


                       4 Jealous Stars


                     * Spoilers Below *




What this book is about

Wyatt's Nonny has called him home. There are some weird things going on in the bayou. When he gets there he finds a woman holding a knife on Nonny. She has a child with her. They are both hurt and Nonny is patching them up. One look at the Sexy as hell woman holding a knife on his beloved grand-mere and he is pissed and turned on. He wants her bad. When he finds out that she is the mother to the little girl with her. The little girl who is his daughter and that there are two more, triplets. He is freaking out . Dr. Whitney took his sperm and Peppers egg without their knowledge and now they have 3 daughters. Daughters that are genetically altered to have poisonous bites like a cobra. Pepper was able to save one but she couldn't get to the other two. Wyatt will not stop until his has his girls home, safe, and he plans on making Pepper his woman. Whether she likes it or not they are going to be a family!

***************************************************************************

Viper Game is the 11th book in the GhostWalkers series and it was very Good. I read the reviews before I read this book and I was totally expecting to dislike this book, but I really liked it. This would have been a 5 star book, but one scene, one, took it down to a 4 star for me. I read in the reviews about Wyatt acting like a overly Jealous Ass, but as I was reading I thought "Oh he isn't so bad I have read way more possessive heroes", until I got to this one scene that had me seeing red! The one scene that knocked the book a whole star for me was when Wyatt comes into the room where Pepper, his woman and his 3 daughters, who are under 2 years old, are dancing with some of his team members, who are like brothers too him. Does he think awe look my woman, and children are smiling and laughing after being prisoners their whole life and have been tormented in unthinkable ways. Nope he flips out in front of everyone yelling at Pepper asking her "What the hell is she wearing and demanding she go change now." He embarrassed the hell out of Pepper and made himself into a huge ass in front of his daughters, woman, and brothers(team mates). It didn't matter how much he said he was sorry after that I didn't look at him the same and it caused me to not enjoy the book as much from that point on, which is a shame because the rest of the book was great!

****************************************************
I really like the plot to this book. I loved the new team. This is the 4th Ghostwalker team. I love Pepper and I felt so bad for her. Her life was so hard. Loved the lil girls, but I am a sucker for children in love stories. LOVE LOVE LOVE Nonny! OMG I love Trap Dawkins!!!! Him and Cayenne OMG they are going to be so good together, wow I can't freakin wait for their book. I was sad that I didn't get to see Gator and Flame in this book, they are family they should have been in this book!!!!! Over all a good read,but it would have been a 5 star if not for the one part! Not the best book of the series, but I would still recommend it!



No comments:

Post a Comment