Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Asset

Book Review of The Asset  (Wounded Warrior Series)


Title: The Asset

Series:Wounded Warrior Series

Author: Anna Del Mar 

Date Published: February 22nd 2016

Date Read:    February 19, 2016

The Blurb:

Ash Hunter knows what it is to run. A SEAL gravely injured in Afghanistan, he’s gone AWOL from the military hospital. Physically and mentally scarred, he returns home to his grandmother’s isolated cottage—and finds a beautiful, haunted stranger inside.


Like recognizes like.

Lia Stewart’s in hiding from the cartel she barely escaped alive, holed up in this small Rocky Mountain town. Surviving, but only just. Helping the wounded warrior on her doorstep is the right thing to do…it’s loving him that might get them both killed.

Soon, Ash realizes he’s not the only one tormented by the past. Pushing the limits of his broken body, testing the boundaries of her shattered soul, he’ll protect Lia until his last breath.


My Review




                         3 Everest stars 



The Asset by Anna del Mar sounded so good. It had some of my favorite things in it. Military men being at the top of that list, but sadly for me this was just a mediocre read. I thought it started strong, and grabbed my interest. I liked Ash. I liked his damaged testy self. I thought he was sexy, smart, and sweet under all the gruff. I also liked Lia. I thought she was brave, sweet, and a fighter. But I had a few problems with the book. For one the book really dragged for the first half. It took me almost 3 days to read this book, and for me who whips through books within a day most of the time, that is like forever. Also I felt a total disconnect with Lia and Ash's relationship. It felt very superficial to me. I felt like I missed big parts of their relationship which leads to another problem I had with this book. It kinda jumped around. Don't get me wrong jumping forward in books is fine at times, but I felt this book jumped past or just skimmed important details of their relationship that would have helped us readers connect with them, feel their love, understand how they even fell in love to begin with. With that being said. The sex in this book was steaming. Anna del Mar can write some really sexy scenes. Also her bad guy was top notch evil and creepy. This book got dark at times. Lia's past was a hard one to read about. I really liked the other guys in this book especially Will. I wouldn't mind reading Will's book if he gets one. Overall I felt this author and series shows potential. This is her first book in the series, and I am always more lenient when it comes to the first book in a series. Though this wasn't a great hit with me I would give this author another shot. Especially if it's Will's book "HINT HINT". 

\




No comments:

Post a Comment