Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Not a Hero

Book Review of Not A Hero


Title: Not A Hero

Series: Novel


Author:  Sarah Robinson


Date Published: October 4rd 2016


Date Read:   October 05, 2016


The Blurb:

Former Marine, Miles Kydd, is trying to readjust to civilian life after ending his career and returning to his small home town when he learned his father was diagnosed with a terminal illness. Once the town hero and star quarterback, Miles no longer feels like the man he was, or who he’s expected to be—possibly because his demons have followed him home from Afghanistan.


Meeting Zoe Brooke, his father’s live-in nurse, gives Miles the slightest glimmer of hope that he can still find happiness despite the dark secrets he holds inside. The chemistry between them is undeniable, and together they are explosive—in more ways than one.

A helper at her core, Zoe is more than willing to care for Miles’s heart, but not at the expense of her own, and she’s not afraid to tell him that. She knows what having a painful past is like, and she wants to help him with his, if he’ll let her.

Things get complicated fast when Miles realizes burying his secrets isn’t actually the same as healing from them and if he wants the girl, he’s going to have to tell her the truth—the one thing he can’t do.


My Review



4 Tree frog and Cricket Stars



"You are an ass, you know that?" "And you're cute when you're mad, you know that?"-Zoe and Miles

My feels.....dayum! This book was emotional and sexy and just all around awesome. I have such a weakness for Military men. I just don't know what it is about them that drive me crazy. Maybe it's that they are strong, brave, protective, but still human. That blend of strength and vulnerability just melts my panties. Whatever it is, any time I get my hands on a Military romance I just devour it. That's what I did with Not a Hero. I started it and I couldn't put it down. 

"Take it away, Zoe." She furrowed her brows, but said nothing, unsure what he meant. "Help me not feel like this anymore, or at least for right now, for tonight. Please, Zoe."-Miles

Miles was so lickably yummy. He was everything I love in a hero. The things he seen and did while being a Marine hurt him and left him scarred. He had such guilt. I wanted so badly to make it all better for him. And yes I know he isn't real but he felt real. Sarah Robinson did a great job of bringing her characters to life. Miles, Zoe, Tobin, and Miles's dad Walter felt so real that my heart broke in half when 
Walter passed away.  Zoe was great. She was strong, loving, forgiving, and just so caring. I love that she could see past the hurt she was feeling over Miles when he lashed out at her, forgiving him, but never being a doormat. She knew he needed to want help and change. She didn't try to fix him. She had a dignity to her. She was a great match for Miles

"Are you sure about this, cricket? I have a feeling once I've been in you, I'll never be able to let you go." "Who says I want you to?"-Miles and Zoe


"We can be anything. We can go anywhere. I want you and only you, and all of this in front of us."-Miles

Miles and Zoe had a bumpy road but their love was worth the fight. Miles had serious PTSD and he was trying to deal with it on his own. There is some push/pull and at times I was frustrated with Miles pushing Zoe away and feeling like he wasn't good enough, but in the same breath I could totally understand it. I just hated him in pain. The passion that was between Zoe and Miles was flaming. They couldn't keep their hands to themselves. Their love was emotional journey with a beautiful ending and I was so glad I took it. This book made me smile, swoon and cry. I would love to see Tobin get his own book. I'm not ready to be done with these characters.

“Don’t close your heart to love a second time just because love broke it the first time.” -Walter




No comments:

Post a Comment