Sunday, February 12, 2017

Wolf with Benefits

Book Review of Wolf With Benefits (Pride Series)


Title: Wolf With Benefits

Series: Pride Series


Author: Shelly Laurenston 


Date Published: March 26th 2013


Date Read:   September 07, 2015


The Blurb:

Ricky Lee has no plans of getting serious about anyone, but he will protect Toni Jean-Louis Parker. Not just because he’s been hired to do so, but because it’s the right thing to do. And if that means traveling around the country with one complicated She-jackal, dealing with chocolate-eating wild dogs, instigating trouble between his brothers, and having the most amazing sex he’s ever had…well, who said his job didn’t have perks?


Toni doesn’t know how she keeps getting herself into these situations. But even she has to admit there’s something about Ricky Lee Reed that she finds kind of interesting…and downright sexy. Now they just have to survive long enough to figure out if what they have is worth fighting for…

My Review



3.5 Are You My daddy? Stars 



Wolf with Benefits is the 8th book in the Pride series and it was a little better than the last one, but no where near as good as the other ones. I again found myself getting bored at parts of this book. It got better towards the end when there was a little more action. I like Ricky Lee okay. There is nothing real special about him that stands out and makes me take notice. He is just kinda there. Toni is okay I guess. I went back and forth on her between her annoying me and me just not caring. She didn't really stand out either except when she was getting on my nerves. I can't really tell you much about each character because there isn't much to tell. Toni is the average one in a family full of prodigies. She is pretty much used as a nanny, and she is fearful of starting a life for herself and lets her family walk all over her and use her. Ricky Lee is from Tennessee he says darlin' a lot. That is about the depth of these two characters. 

There was no real romance between the two. I felt no connection, pull, or sexual tension. Nothing! It was like they're just there and then the next thing they are sleeping together and then they're in love . I am just looking at my kindle going What? How did that happen? Whatever I don't really care! The book was a little funny, but again not as funny as others in this series. I enjoyed reading about Bo and Toni's little brothers and sisters way more than the couple who couldn't hold my interest. I really like Livy, and Ric sounds interesting. I know their book is next and I am looking forward to it. I really hope it is better than the last two. 



No comments:

Post a Comment