Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Bite Me

Book Review of Bite Me  (Pride Series)


Title: Bite Me

Series: Pride Series


Author: Shelly Laurenston 


Date Published: March 25th 2014


Date Read:   September 08, 2015


The Blurb:

Livy Kowalski has no time for idiots. When you shapeshift into a honey badger, getting through life’s irritants is a finely honed skill. Until she gets stuck housing her nutso cousin and dealing with her dad’s untimely and unexplained demise.


That’s where Vic Barinov comes in—or his house does. Vic can’t step outside without coming back to find Livy devouring his honey stash and getting the TV remote sticky. It gets his animal instincts all riled up. But he’ll have to woo her at high speed: all hell is breaking loose, and Livy is leading the charge…


My Review



4.5 Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit Stars 


Some Spoilers

“I plan to rain down vengeance on the man who did this to my father and anyone protecting or helping him. And you trifling band of miscreant felons are going to help me.”



“You know how emotionally vested the wolves get about dominance. Why don’t you just go beat up some puppies, too?” Vic heard what sounded suspiciously like a giggle. “Okay! I get it,” she said. “I’ll send them an ‘I’m sorry’ basket of Milk-Bones to make it up to them.” “You are so mean.” “I know. It’s a genetic flaw.”

Bite Me is the 9th book in the Pride series and totally kicks ass. I was really worried after the last two books. OMG this book redeemed the last two boring books. I love the plot, love the MC, love the other characters, and I freakin love the Honey badgers. The whole time I was reading this book I was picturing that funny honey Badger video. (here is the link if you wanna watch said funny honey badger video) 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wH... 


What this book is about


Livy Kowalski is honey badger, but she turned away from the honey badger way of life. "You know Honey badger just takes what it wants and honey badger just don't give a shit." Livy is the outcast of her family because she became a photographer. Vic Barinov is a grizzly bear/ tiger hybrid and a mercenary for hire. Livy and Vic like each other, but so far have only been friends until Livy turns to Vic for comfort when she finds out something very upsetting. Livy finds her father in a rich woman's living room, stuffed. She knows that she will stop at nothing to take down those who hunted, murdered, and stuffed her father! Vic knows he will be there for her, by her side helping her in any way he can. Sparks fly, lines get crossed and the honey badgers are out for blood!!!

“I’m okay,” she whispered, her legs wrapping around his waist, her arms clinging to his neck. “I really am.” “I thought I lost you,” he admitted against her neck. “You know my kind is too mean to go out that easy. We make a man work for it.”


Vic:


Vic pressed his hands to either side of Livy’s face. “What are you doing?” “Thinking about how beautiful you look in the morning.” “I’m not making you breakfast.” “Come on,” Vic whined. “I’m starving!”

Vic is quirky like all hybrids. He has a crazy tail that has a mind of it's own. His bear side and his tiger side are at war with each other. Most of the time he is more bear laid back, and logical, but when he loses control and his tiger comes out he is rough, wild, and ready to pounce. Vic is really sweet, and thoughtful. He seems to read and understand Livy like no one else. Vic really is prefect for her. His bear side helps calm Livy and keeps her from getting to wild and his tiger side is rough enough to keep her interest. 

“But you’re going up against bears, Livy.” He pointed across the tent they were in. “I mean, look at that guy over there.” The eight-foot polar realized that Vic was talking about him. “Hey! What are you pointing me out for? Like I’m some kind of freak? That just hurts my feelings, man!” “Oh, suck it up,” Vic growled. “Your feline is showing,” Livy warned. “Because you’re not being rational and there’s an eight-foot, four-hundred-pound whiny baby over there begging me to claw the holy shit out of him.”


“I am Russian,” Vic said in a thick accent. “Vodka I know.” “I hate you,” Livy admitted, “because you sound really hot when you do that accent.” Vic leaned in and murmured in that damn accent, “I can do it more . . . just for you.”



Livy:


“Stop looking so proud of yourself,” she snapped at him through her panting, “and get up here and fuck me.”

I freaking love Livy. OMG do I love her. I have a total girl crush. Livy is crazy, fun, sassy and will not think twice about going after anyone. Lion, bear, snake Livy don't care. She kicks major ass! Livy is rather mild when it comes to being a honey badger. Livy's family thinks she is soft because instead of following in the family steps of stealing, hurting others, and starting shit so she can and sitting back and watch other people's pain she would rather focus on her art photography. Livy is wild enough that Vic can let his cat off the leash and get rough. She also is accepting of his crazy tail and other quirks. 

“You make me want to burrow,” Livy told him, her arms moving down to his waist as she snuggled into his chest. “Usually I want to burrow away from people,” she murmured. “You’re the first I’ve ever burrowed toward.”


“Fuck,” Livy said as she buried her face in her hands. “What? What’s wrong?” She looked at him. Actually, it was more of a scowl. She scowled at him. “I’m in love with you,” Livy snapped. “And it’s your fucking fault.” “Uh . . . sorry?” “Oh, shut up.” “Well . . . if it makes you feel better, I’m in love with you, too.”



“Vic?” “Mhmmm?” “I’m starving.” “Oh, thank God. I’m so hungry.” “Why didn’t you say anything?” “It seemed tacky to come, roll off you, and go get something to eat. I hate tacky.” “I actually appreciate that. But right now I’m hungry.”

I really love Vic and Livy together they had a very sweet relationship. I found myself invested in this couple. I enjoyed the hell outta all the honey badger craziness in this book. The plot kept my attention. There was some more Eggie in this book. Yay!!! Love me some Eggie. Tons of humor in this book, some hot sex scene, and a very cute romance. Great read. I will definitely be reading more books by Shelly Laurenston! 



Below I leave a few of my favorite moments from this book:

“Hello, my hybrid brother!” Vic crowed. “Christ, Novikov,” Jake demanded. “How much vodka did you give him?” “I don’t know. A bottle. Or two.” He then picked Vic up in a fireman carry, and Livy rushed up the stairs to unlock the door. Novikov carried him to their room, dropping Vic onto the bed. “Can you make it back to the wild dog house?” Livy asked. “Of course,” Bo snapped. “I’m not weak like him. I’m strong. Cossack strong.” Then Novikov walked into a wall, stumbled back, and passed out on the floor by the bed.


“We will make the ones who did this to our brother pay and pay and pay until there is nothing left.” He finally released her from the hug, but he still kept one arm around her as he faced the rest of the family. “Now the world bleeds—” “Or,” Livy emphatically cut in, “we can just go after the ones who did this. Rather than taking it out on the entire world. That seems excessive.” “If you’re sure.”



“You get to work.” Vic put his hands behind his head. “And make it good, baby.” “Typical lazy feline . . . and bear,” she muttered as she placed her knees on either side of his hips. “Leaving it to the honey badger to do all the work.” “That’s because felines and bears are smarter than everybody.”



No comments:

Post a Comment