Friday, January 9, 2015

Gideon

Book Review of Gideon (Nightwalkers Series)


Title: Gideon

Series: Nightwalkers

Author: Jacquelyn Frank

Date Published: June 1st 2007

The Blurb:  They're called the Nightwalkers--proud, ancient beings who live in the shadows, existing just beyond the human world. But there are also dangerous humans who hunt them--necromancers who use the blackest magic to manipulate them. And for a Demon named Gideon, the battle against these evil forces will soon be all too personal...
AS A HEALER, HE KNOWS HER BODY. BUT IT'S HER HEART HE WANTS.
For a thousand years, Gideon has healed his people. And as the oldest surviving male of his race, his wisdom has always been respected without question. But Gideon knows that even he is vulnerable to the powerful, primitive desires that befall his kind during Hallowed moons--and nine years ago that truth was hammered home when he found himself claiming Magdalegna, the Demon King's sister, in a wild embrace. Horrified by his lack of control, he left her wanting and furious--and then exiled himself for the better part of a decade. Now, with necromancers threatening his people--and Magdalegna nearly their victim--Gideon must face another truth. He and the beautiful, stubborn Magdalegna are destined to be together, to share a love as deep and old as time itself. But first he needs to regain her trust. Then he'll have to save her life.

My Review


4 It took you 9 years to figure that out? Stars           

                           Spoilers.............


This is the second book in the nightwalkers series. Gideon is a Ancient healer and the oldest surviving member of his race, the demon. Magdalegna is the Demon King's baby sister. 9 years earlier Gideon caught up in a moment, started making out with Magdalegna in the gardens. He ends up pulling away freaking out over his loss of control and her young age and telling himself it is the madness of the hallowed moons. Calls her a child and there by Pissing her off to no end and then he exiled himself for almost 9 years. So at the start of this book He and Legna figure out they are actually mates


and started  imprinting 9 years ago. Now he has to win her love and trust and make up for hurt feelings!
Ok so this book was not as good as Jacob's book, but it was still a good read.


I liked Gideon. He was powerful, always in control and very serious! I loved how he is a tell it like it is kind of guy, very up front. Doesn't let himself feel. I loved how Legna made him lose control, challenging and pushing him to acknowledge his emotions. Making him fall in love with her and Demanding his everything! He becomes very playful with her and it is very sexy.........

“The problem is,” he said in a rush of soft words, “aside from my trouble reconciling myself to the idea that I actually deserve you, Nelissuna, I am quite rusty in matters of affection and romantic emotion. I am afraid I have no idea how to go about earning your trust and your good opinion, never mind being what you need… beyond that.”

.“Gideon,” she breathed, unable to draw in enough air to sound his name more firmly. “Mmm, I love when you speak my name, Neliss,” he said, his tongue touching to the sensitive lobe of her ear just long enough to draw it between his gentle lips. “I will love it just as well when you cry it out. And even more so when you scream it.”

“I suppose at some point, if I start to go crazy, you are going to have to knock me out or tie me up or something.” “Hmm. The latter has possibilities,” he mused with a growing smile that erased the tension in his face. Legna laughed, giving him a shove. “Gideon, you are nothing but an ancient pervert,” she teased him. “And this is an issue because… ?”



Legna I liked, but in the first part of the book she acted like a baby and a brat and I just kept thinking 



Thank God that only lasted a very short time. Then she was back to being the legna I fell in love with in the first book. Brave, sweet, caring, sassy with a little bit of shy. She was also funny and playful. A little childish at times, but very grown up at other times. I love how she never backed down from Gideon and forced him to feel and let him know that she would have all of him or none!

“As an empath and as your mate, this is my territory! You are my territory! Mine! Ugly or beautiful, raging or passionate, you are mine for the rest of our existence, Gideon, just as you claim I am yours, and I will not let you feed yourself to me in select little bites and bits! I will have all of you or I will turn my back on you and take nothing at all!”

“I am here. I will always be here,” she soothed him sweetly, meeting his gaze when he brushed a finger under her chin to tilt her head back. “Promise me, Neliss,” he said hoarsely. “I have heard those who speculate that I am indestructible, but I swear on my soul that it will kill me to ever lose you.” “I will always be here,” she reiterated as strongly as her heart could manage. He reached to caress her face with warm, tender knuckles. “Do not leave me, Neliss.” He was pleading with her, unashamed of the need and emotion his voice reflected. “Sleep beside me today and all the days to come.”


“You smell so good,” he murmured against her ear a long minute later. “I smell like sex,” she argued. He nodded, making a loud noise of appreciation as he sniffed and nibbled her neck.“You smell of very good sex,” 


The reasons this book was not as good as the first is because of the aforementioned childishness of legna at the start of her and Gideon's relationship, and in parts of the book it got a little repetitive. 
There was some new characters that were introduced that I really liked. When Legna quit being a baby there was some really beautiful parts to her and Gideon's relationship.

“Because I am afraid of anything that might mean I will lose you,” he confessed. “I told you, my love, I am not going anywhere. I am here, right where I belong. My heart lives with your heart, my soul with your soul. I love you, Gideon. You have to start believing that, and believing that you deserve it.” “I will never deserve it,” he said roughly. “But I will endeavor to do so for the rest of my days. I love you, Neliss, as I have never loved in the whole of my life. You are my heart, my breath, my every thought and every aspiration. You are the true source of my power, because without you I am utterly powerless.”


There was a kick ass fight at the end and some long overdue weddings.... This was a solid 4 star book and I am looking forward to the next book in this series!











2 comments: