Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Beck

Book Review of Beck (Corps Security)


Title: Beck

Series: Corps Security

Author: Harper Sloan

Date Published: December 23rd 2013

The Blurb: 
~DEE~

I’ve always been good at wearing masks. Not letting anyone see the real me. I’m content being the happy-go-lucky best friend. The strong willed boss. The independent woman who doesn’t need a man.

But the truth is I’m just as broken as the rest of you. I’m terrified that all it will take is one person to make all my carefully constructed walls crumble into fine dust. So I guard my heart with everything I have. Determined to never let anyone get close enough to hurt me again.

All is perfect until HE walks into my life. No… he doesn’t just walk. He struts his good-looking, sex-oozing self right into my space and demands that I see HIM. Making me want what I know I can’t have.

So I did the only thing I know how to do.
I run.
But he just won’t let me go.

~BECK~

The second I see her, I know she will be mine. I see past the gorgeous smiles and heart-stopping laughter. I see HER. She doesn’t want me to know her secrets or the past that haunts her, but I make it my mission to find out.

To make her mine.

She can run all she wants, but it will never be far enough to stop me from coming after her.
She’s it for me and she knows it.
She’s just too scared to admit it.

My Review



4 “Your love saved me,” Stars



Wow my emotions were all over the place with this book. Book 3 is Beck and Dee's story. We have watched in the last two books as Beck and Dee make up and break up on and off for 2 years in what seems like childish high school drama, but the truth is Dee has some deep dark secrets that she is hiding from everyone including her two best friends. Beck can see through the bull, and knows her smiles are fake. He is trying hard to be there for the woman he loves while she battles her demons, but she is always pushing him away. Can Beck break through Dee's walls and win what he is fighting for, Dee's love or will Dee push him too far, and lose him forever?

Beck:


Beck was awesome! We get to see a whole new side to Beck. He is a fighter.... He seen the pain the woman he fell in love with was in, and he never gave up. He stood by her side and fought for her mental health, for her love, and fought her fears. The man has the patience of a saint. Protective, sexy, and cave man possessive. He was the perfect man!!



“You've got nothing to be scared of with me. Not one damn thing. You've had me in knots for months, Dee. Fighting for you, us, and this relationship might drive me mad at times, but it’s a fight I want if it ends with you in my arms.”



“I stand by your side because this is where I’m meant to be. I stand by your side because you didn't have the strength to hold yourself up. That’s what you do for the person you love. Right after the attack, we were so fresh, but I knew that our relationship was worth fighting for. For months, you would have nightmares, and every time you would wake up, it was my name you were screaming to help you. You aren't messed up, Baby. You lived through something terrible, and you needed time to process that. Your mind needed time to heal. I’m not going to lie and tell you I wasn't hurt when you pushed me away. I had just spent eight months at your side trying to be who you needed, but I understand that you had to find your own way.”




Dee:

OH GOD Dee for like the first 45% of the book drove me bat shit crazy. I ain't gonna lie I just really wanted to shake her hard!!!



But then when you find out what Dee is hiding you can see why she is acting the way she does. At about the 1/2 way point in the book Dee really starts to turn it around. You start to see the fun loving Dee as she gets stronger, lets her walls down, stops running and starts fighting. I really start to like Dee, and by the time the book is over I am a Dee fan!

I broke us. I broke him. And I just continue to break myself.



“Thank you for being there, for always being there, and not letting me fall.”



“I don’t deserve you, Beck.” I don’t, I know this. I've been a bitch; I've pushed and pushed, closing him out. I can see it now, and my heart breaks for all the time he’s wasted on me. “Why didn't you just give up? I’m so messed up, Beck… so messed up. I can’t even remember half the times you came running when I called because the desire to let the fear get the best of me was too strong. But you did, every single time. Even when I tried bringing other men around to make you mad enough to leave for good, you wouldn't budge. How can you stand by my side, even from a distance, for so damn long, and not hate me? Hell, I hate me.” 


When Beck and Dee come together it's wild crazy monkey sex with furniture being trashed, panties being ripped, and blacking out multiple orgasms!!!

“You like working my dick, Dee? You like the way it feels when you take what you need?” She moans and I can feel her growing even wetter. I let the strength in my arms and thighs slacken and press her deep into the bed. “I asked you a question. Do you like working my dick?”


This book has so much drama, and drops bomb after bomb of plot twist that I felt like I was bipolar the way my emotions where going crazy one min I am loving the world and laughing , happy as can be. The next I am yelling " Hell to the NO!, then I am fighting tears!
Then OMFG at the 85% mark of the book Harper Sloan punched me in the feelings. I so didn't see it coming and I straight Freaked the hell out! I mean, damn How she gonna do that to us? The only reason this book is a 4 and not a 5 star is I didn't like the way they act like Greg and Izzy are not as good friends to Dee because they didn't see she was fighting demons that she was hiding from them. Other than that it was a great read I can't wait to start the next book!









No comments:

Post a Comment