Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Damien

Book Review of Damien (Nightwalker Series)


Title: Damien

Series: Nightwalkers

Author: Jacquelyn Frank

Date Published: June 1st 2008

The Blurb:   They are the Nightwalkers, mysterious beings who dwell in the shadows of our world, and Damien, the Vampire Prince, is among the most powerful of them all. But one woman will tempt him with a desire unlike anything he has known, and together they will face a terrifying and relentless foe...

HE'D NEVER LOVED. BUT SHE WAS IRRESISTIBLE.

As reigning Vampire Prince, Damien has tasted every pleasure the world has to offer--consorting with kings and queens and delighting in sensual adventure. Now, tired of such pursuits, he devotes his energies to protecting his people. The war between human necromancers and Nightwalkers has escalated, and when the enemy makes a daring move, kidnapping Syreena, a Lycanthrope Princess, Damien boldly follows. He succeeds in rescuing her, but is unprepared for the erotic longing her lush sensuality awakens in him.

Gifted with rare abilities, Syreena grew up in a cloistered setting and was forbidden to form attachments to others, yet the connection Damien feels with her is immediate, intoxicating, and impossible for either to resist. But claiming Syreena as his mate could have shattering repercussions for every Nightwalker--and leave their enemies more dangerous than ever before...

Temptation tastes sweetest at night.

My Review


4 Sugary Sweet Stars



This book is so sweet. I so liked this one better than the last. Thank God Syreena was nothing like her sister!

So in this book we get to know Damien, and the vampire world of the nightwalkers series better. Damien is the Prince of the vampires. He is at the newly found Library of nightwalkers when he sees Syreena again, He doesn't know why but He feels drawn to her. When Syreena gets kidnapped by the traitor Ruth, Damien is determined to save her, but in order to save her he will have to do something that is just never done. Take the blood of another nightwalker!

Syreena is a Lycanthrope Princess, and advisor to the queen (her sister). She is use to putting her wants and needs on hold for the good of others, but when Damien, who has always got under her skin, saves her life and they share a passionate kiss, She can't help but want the one thing that could tear her people apart, and maybe even start a war, Damien as her mate! 

Damien: 



Damien is so dayum hott in this book. I liked him in other books, but this one really brings him to life. He is so cocky and self assured. Powerful, loyal, sexy, and very romantic. 



"I want to learn how to love you, Syreena. And no, I do not mean make love to you. I believe I can figure that out well enough." The sparkle in his eyes and the pointed twitch to his brow made her laugh. "I want to learn why it is and how it is you have effected these changes inside me, both physically and spiritually. I wish to know how one such as myself, so nonchalant in emotion all of his life, can be so moved by a single little creature like you."


"This is not a phase for me, Syreena. This is not a fancy that will flit out of my system. I have lived long enough to know what is and is not unique to my make-up. If you want promises, I will find ways to make them and keep them. If you want forever, sweetling, then I will gladly live another long lifetime."


Syreena:


Syreena is strong, brave, smart, and giving. She is a kick ass fighter. She is a hopelessly romantic person at heart longing for love, a mate, and children. 


"I am very fortunate," she whispered into his ear. "I know that now. From this moment on, I will always find my way back to you, Damien. I will know that your kiss, your touch, and your warm sensitivity will always be waiting patiently for me, just as I will always make my heart your home, so you always have a place to come back to."


"My love. My lord, if you wish it. I would have no future if it did not include you, Damien. I knew that when I came to you. Probably long before I acknowledged it. I will always remember your surety, though. It will never leave me."




Syreena and Damien together


Talk about explosive chemistry, and when they made love in the kitchen Wow!!




"I know that. I only said I would deserve it. I cannot imagine that we will never argue. I know that one day we will have a disagreement. Possibly a very bad one. If I thought this was all going to be sunshine and glorious sex, I would be a naive and silly female." "You are neither of those," he assured her with a chuckle. "Glorious, hmm?" She giggled, nipping at his sensitive neck in punishment. "As if your ego requires any stroking," she remarked. "I was not thinking about my ego, actually…" he murmured suggestively, reaching for her hips and rear, sliding his hands with clear appetite and sensuality over them.

We meet some new characters in this book, and get to know Jasmine a little more. The Ruth plot thickens as she adds a new bad guy to her evil ranks. Great read. Now I am on to Noah's book. 












No comments:

Post a Comment