Sunday, January 11, 2015

Elijah

Book Review of Elijah  (Nightwalkers Series)


Title: Elijah

Series: Nightwalkers

Author: Jacquelyn Frank

Date Published: January 1st 2008

The Blurb:   They are called the Demons, one of the elusive Nightwalker races living in shadow and struggling for survival against their human enemies. Their proudest warrior is Elijah, a man who bends for nothing and no one...until one woman brings him to his knees...
Some Feelings You Just Can't Fight
He is known as the Warrior Captain--a master of every weapon, a fierce soldier sworn to protect his kind. Powerful, relentless, merciless, Elijah has always won every battle he's ever taken on--until now. Ambushed by necromancers, he is left for dead only to be discovered by the woman who could very well deliver the final blow...Siena, the Lycanthrope Queen.
With three centuries of warring, little more than a decade of uneasy peace has existed between the Lycanthropes and Elijah's people. Now, after a lifetime of suspicion, the warrior in Elijah is consumed with a different battle--winning Siena's heart by giving her pleasure beyond all boundaries. What starts as attraction and arousal soon burns into a passion with consequences that will echo through the ages for both their people. And as would-be enemies become inseparable lovers, another threat approaches, one with the power to destroy them all...

My Review




Ok let me start out by saying WTF!!!!! This book would have been a 4 or 5 star book if not for one thing! Only one thing made me give this book such a low rating and that is the Heroine!!!!! I hated Siena in this book, which I didn't see coming because I loved her in the other book.

I loved Elijah, loved the plot, loved everything , but Siena..... Siena ruined the whole damn book for me!


Elijah was Understanding, sweet, strong, and sexy. He put up with Siena's insults, baby tantrums, and still treated her with respect. He deserved so much better!!


"I am not here to rob you of your independence, kitten," he said softly, making her exhale in frustration at how easily he was beginning to know her thoughts. "In fact, I would rather cut off my own hands than do equal damage to you. It is your spirit, your independence, your fight, and all those instincts you cradle so close to your heart that make you so perfect for me. And make me perfect for you."



Siena OMG where to start with her..... For most of the book she was a coward, running from their mating. She treated Elijah like shit. She was closed minded, immature, and stubborn to the point of annoying! She totally Emasculated Elijah , disrespected him, and hurt his feelings repeatedly, ripped his heart out and wounded his pride. I understand that she was scared of a man taking over and becoming a evil warlord, like her father did, but she took it way to far, for way to long. In the other book Siena is strong, brave and open minded, and in this one she is like a big cry baby. I couldn't reconcile the two totally different Sienas.


Because Siena was such a jerk and a baby for so much of the book I didn't connect with her and Elijah as a couple. At the end when she finally came around I found myself not buying it. I caught myself rolling my eyes every time she told him she loved him or acted like she was worried for him. I enjoyed getting to see Jacob and Bella again. I love me some Noah. I can't wait for his book! Oh well! I guess I can't Love em all. I hope the next one is better...... On to Damien's book!










No comments:

Post a Comment