Sunday, May 17, 2015

Protecting What's His

Book Review of Protecting What's His(Line of Duty Series)


Title: Protecting What's His

Series: Line of Duty Series

Author: Tessa Bailey

Date Published:   February 23rd 2013

Date Read:  April 15, 2015

The Blurb:
She’s running from the law, and the law wants her bad.

The opportunity was just too damn delicious for Ginger Peet to pass up. The purse full of money she finds—$50,000 to be exact—could give her and her teen sister the new start they need. So she grabs the cash, her gothy sibling, and their life-sized statue of Dolly Parton, and blows outta Nashville in a cloud of dust. Chicago, here we come...

Turns out, Chicago has some pretty hot cops. Hot, intense, naughty-lookin’ cops like Derek Tyler, who looks like he could eat a girl up and leave her begging for more. And more. Tempting as he is, getting involved with the sexy homicide lieutenant next door poses a teensy problem for a gal who’s on the lam. But one thing is certain—Derek’s onto her, and he wants more than just a taste. 

And as far as he’s concerned, possession is nine-tenths of the law.


My Review



                     5 Yummy Cop stars



“I’ve got an hour before I need to be back at the station. I’ll have fucked you three different ways by then.”


OMFG!!!! This book was Awesome!! Let me let you in on a little secret about me. I have a serious fetish for men in uniforms, Cops, Firefighters, Military men, Correctional Officers you name it . So to say this book was right up my alley is a understatement. My God this book had it all. It was a yummy trifecta.... Sexy cop, Dirty talk, and possessive alpha male attitude. I was in book heaven. 



“The longer it takes me to get between your thighs, the rougher I’m going to be when I finally get there. Understand?”

What this book is about:

Ginger Peet has a worthless mother, and has been raising her little sister Willa since she was about 10. Their mother is a drug addict that sells herself and runs with some really bad people , she disappears for huge periods of time and then just shows up with bad men following . So when Ginger finds her mom passed out on the sofa with a tons of cash in her purse. Ginger sees that money as an chance to make a better life for her and her now 17 year old sister. So she steals the money, grabs Willa, and runs. She and Willa end up in Chicago , moving into an apt right next to this super sexy homicide lieutenant, Derek Tyler. He tempts her like no other, but she doesn't want a relationship, and he wants it all. Can Derek get his girl, and protect her from her past!

“Because if I see your naked breasts, I’m going to want to suck your pretty little nipples. And if I suck your nipples, I’m going to need to bury my cock inside you.”

Derek:

Damn Derek was Hott. Holy crap he was perfect. Everything you want a yummy cop to be, bossy, strong, protective, but he had a sweet side too. He is a good man, wants to do what is right, cares for his men, and takes his job serious . MY GOD He was a Sexy, Spanking, dirty talking beast! The things that came out of his mouth * Fans Self* I want me some Derek. 

“Let me be clear, Ginger, since you insist on talking in circles. I want you underneath me in my bed. I want to be buried inside you so deep that I have to remind you of your own name. And I want those motherfuckers leering at you from the other side of the bar to smell me on you for a week afterward.”


“You like that, beautiful girl?” When she whimpered, he leaned over and spoke directly into her ear. “Good. That was for the hard-on I’ll be walking around with tonight. And you’ll goddamn wear the imprint of my hand on your ass for it.”


“Yes. So you know what your punishment is going to be, sweetheart? I’m going to make love to you. Slowly. Hell, it might take me until tomorrow. I’m going to lose count of how many times you come. And every time you do, I’m going to tell you that I love you. Until you fucking get used to it.”


Ginger :



Ginger was awesome. She is very loyal, raising her sister, and trying to make a better life for them. She is strong, has a sassy mouth, and she knows how to use her sex appeal to her advantage. She is quite the little dirty talker herself. She has had a hard life and shes had to grow up fast . She could only count on herself so she is afraid to let anyone close and end up being hurt. She had a very sweet vulnerability to her, while putting on a brave face. I loved her as a character , she was very real!

“I’m twenty-three years old, actually. And last time I checked, that’s old enough to vote, drink, gamble, rent an apartment, own a firearm, and explain to a grown man, police lieutenant or not, when he’s being a gigantic dickhead. And Derek, if it wasn’t clear enough already, you are the dickhead in this little scenario.”


“All right, Derek. You proved tonight you had the biggest dick in the room. You’ve clubbed me over the head and brought me back to your cave. Where do you want me? We don’t even have to be quiet this time.” She hopped up on the kitchen table and lifted her shirt. “How about right here on the table? Or maybe the couch?”


“Do you want to put it in my mouth, Derek?” she whispered against his ear. “Jesus Christ.” “You’ll be my first. Don’t you want to be my first again?”



Derek and Gingers' chemistry was off the charts, melting my kindle hot! They were very cute and playful together . Willa was a great character. Ginger and Willa together was some of the funniest parts in the book. This was a great read. This book had a great plot, greater characters, two sweet romances ( I am counting Willa's little relationship in that, even if it was a very small part because it was just so sweet),  and tons of kinky, steamy sex. I am so glad I started this series. This is the first book I have read by Tessa Bailey , and I think she is a kick ass writer. Instant Fan girl! I am on to the next book, and leave you with my favorite part in this book:

“Do you feel that, baby? That’s your man moving inside you.” Bracing herself on her elbows, she ground back against him, circling her hips and begging him to keep moving, but he seemed determined to set the pace. “Please, Derek.” He thrust hard and quick exactly five times, just enough for Ginger to get used to the rhythm before slowing once more. “Who’s fucking you, Ginger?” She knew what he wanted to hear. Throwing her head back, she reveled in every word. “My man. My man is fucking me.”





No comments:

Post a Comment