Sunday, May 24, 2015

Officer Off Limits

Book Review of Officer Off Limits (Line of Duty Series)


Title: Officer Off Limits

Series: Line of Duty Series

Author: Tessa Bailey

Date Published:   June 10th 2013

Date Read:  April 17, 2015

The Blurb:
His need to possess her is non-negotiable.

Story Brooks’ fiancé just called off their wedding two weeks before the happy day. As if that isn't bad enough, her semi-estranged father, an infamous NYPD hostage negotiator, has suffered a heart attack. Not wanting to examine her lack of emotion over the broken engagement, she hops on a plane to reconnect with her father before it’s too late.

Playboy hostage negotiator Daniel Chase has never, not once, been refused by a woman, so when a debate over hospital snack foods with a delectable kindergarten teacher ends in flat-out rejection, he makes it his mission to seduce her. His only obstacle? She’s the daughter of his mentor who implicitly forbade Daniel from pursuing her.

Despite her father’s warnings and Daniel’s troubled past, Daniel and Story can’t resist their intense attraction to one another. But when the reason for her fiancé’s abrupt wedding cancellation comes to light, can Story and Daniel's already forbidden relationship survive?
 

My Review




5 “You’ve got sixty seconds to prove you’re not just a bunch of talk.” Stars



“Tell me. In your mind, what are we doing in that bed? Are we fucking nice and slow or are you making me sweat for it?”

Now that is what I am talking about!!!!! With the first book in the Line of Duty series I fell in love , the little follow up novella about Ginger and Derek was great , the second book had me a little worried , and this book restored my faith in this series. Tessa Bailey, you truly have a gift for writing sexy, dirty talking, kinky heroes! For that I thank you! 


“Oh no. You wanted to be turned around and fucked like a bad girl. Now you’ll say the bad words that go along with it. Tell me what you want.”


What this book is about

Officer off Limits is the 3rd book in this series. In it we meet Daniel Chase, he is a hostage negotiator, and a play boy. He has had a troubled, and hard life. He uses meaningless sex to cope with the pain of his past demons. Everything is going fine, he may not be happy , but this is his life. Then it all changes when he meets this beautiful Blonde ray of sunshine, named Story. He has never wanted anyone as much as he wants her, but there are two big problems standing in his way. 1. She just got dumped by her fiancé and he doesn't want to be a rebound. 2. She is Jack Brooks' daughter, Jack who is his mentor, and boss , and Jack who just told him straight up " Stay away from my Daughter!" Will he let that stand in his way or will he give up his man whore ways and show Story that he is worth taking a chance on?


“I think you want that very badly. Missed my hands, my mouth, my cock, didn’t you, baby?”


Daniel:


Daniel was so sweet. He hasn't had a easy life. He grew up in the system bouncing from foster home to foster home. Then his foster sister Nora has a mental breakdown, ends up shooting, and killing his foster father in front of him. Then she turns the gun on him, shooting him as well. He uses sex to cover up pain, but he feels ashamed and unhappy. He is good at his Job and very caring. He is playful and laid back. Being a reformed man whore , he has major skills in the sack. Making him one hell of a dirty talking , sexy beast!


“Am I under you, watching your breasts bounce as you buck those hips? Or am I on top of you the first time? I could force those thighs wide and bury myself deep in between them.” He leaned forward to lick the curve of her ear. “Maybe I’m behind you. Ah, fuck, I could get in so deep that way, gorgeous. Tell me what you want. I’ll make it happen.”


“Story…lights everything up. Where I come from, the things I’ve seen and done…took something out of me. I don’t know how to be good like her.”


“You came so quickly for me yesterday, like something out of a fantasy. Were you neglected here?” He ran a knuckle along the seam of her panties. “I know how to make it better.”



She made a sound of outrage. “This is exactly how Taylor Swift felt when Kanye West stole her thunder at the VMAs.”

Story:




Story was such a cutie. I freakin loved her. She has a fun, playful sense of humor, and she is pretty sassy. She lost herself by letting her ex fiancé walk on her. She is determined to become the brave, outgoing woman she use to be! But she doesn't just get her old self back she discovers a new bolder, naughty girl side and she likes it! 


“So I heard. Um. Thanks for everything.” Oh my God. “I mean, thanks for dropping me off and carrying the suitcase and all that. Not thanks for the orgasm or whatever.” Shut up. Shut up now. “Well, I mean, thanks for that, too. I guess.”


“If I do decide to go out by myself at night, what are you going to do about it? Put an APB out on me?” She did her best imitation of a man. “Yeah, officers, be on the lookout for a fully grown adult female out past eight o’clock. She’s gone rogue.”


“No. I pity the sixteen-year-old boy. Of course I do. How could I not?” Story rose from the windowsill and placed her hands on his chest. She waited until he met her eyes to continue. “But I don’t pity the man. The man took a tragedy and used it to give himself purpose. The man is magnificent.”





“Fuck yeah. Bite me, gorgeous. Mark up my whole body. I want everyone to know who I belong to. Who I get hard for. Just you, Story. Just you.”


I loved them as a couple . Story shows Daniel that he is a great person and worth more than just a lay. She makes him see the good in his self, and Daniel makes her feel free, and safe to be who she really is. OMG them together , burning up my kindle. They were wild and so dayum hot! The car sex wow FREAKING HOT as HELL! I loved the Story and Hayden friend moments, they had me crackin up. 


“Wow. Sounds like you’ve got it all figured out.” Eyebrows raised, she pointed a finger at Hayden. “Whoa. What was that tone?” Hayden snapped her teeth at Story’s finger. “That was my wise, earth-mother tone. You like?” “No. I don’t like. Knock it off.”

This book was awesome, and I loved every minute of it. Which is why I read it straight through, Who needs sleep? Not this bitch!!! I am on to the next book , but below I leave my favorite moment in this book:


“If you sing, I’ll let you take me home.” Holy shit. Where had that come from? That honest part of one’s psyche that only makes an appearance when one is half in the bag, apparently. In that moment, she realized that whether or not the thought had been a conscious one, she’d been hoping to see him tonight. Now, he stood right in front of her looking broody and handsome and frustrated. She wanted nothing more than to go home with him and give him something to smile about. Daniel’s eyes flared at her statement and he went perfectly still. Around them, bar customers laughed and high-fived in their seats. Apparently, once again she’d issued her challenge directly into the microphone. Awesome. She raised an eyebrow to let him know she was waiting for his answer. “Well, what’s it going to be, big boy?” His jaw flexed. “Nothing will ever be easy with you, will it?" “I hope not.” The lyrics came up on the screen. After a long-suffering sigh, Daniel began to sing. Or tried to, at least. His voice came out sounding mostly flat and monotone, but it still counted. Story stepped off the stage next to Hayden in order to watch him, positive that she was grinning up at him like a complete lunatic. In between verses, wherein he sang about a guy named Mickey being so fine he blows people’s minds, he cast dark looks in her direction, only succeeding in making her grin wider. To her right, two men she assumed to be Daniel’s friends were doubled over laughing as they watched, wiping tears from their eyes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment