Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Asking For Trouble

Book Review of Asking For Trouble (Line of Duty Series)




Title: Asking For Trouble

Series: Line of Duty Series

Author: Tessa Bailey

Date Published: November 25th 2013

Date Read:  April 18, 2015

The Blurb:
The fighting was just foreplay...

Brent Mason and Hayden Winstead can't stand each other. She plans exclusive parties for her rich familys charities. He's a rough and tumble cop who rigs explosives for a living. Could two people be any less suited for conversation? They think not and prefer to keep it that way. 

Unfortunately, their two best friends are deeply, disgustingly in love. Forced together, the mutual attraction simmering beneath the surface of Brent and Hayden's non-relationship grows with every argument until it explodes into a scintillating night of mind-blowing sex. And it wont be the last, as far as Brent's concerned. 

Hayden has a secret, though. Her father's company is relying on a merger to save them from financial ruin, and only Hayden's marriage to the CEOs wealthy son can secure the deal. If she's to protect her family, she'll have to forget Brent. And he has no intention of being forgotten. 

My Review




 4 There is a thin line between love and hate Stars




“Something tells me a man like you can’t hold out long enough to make it past the entryway. Just wham-bam, let me get back to playing Grand Theft Auto, ma’am.” “I prefer Halo,” 


Ok so rating this one was hard for me. It wasn't a bad read it just didn't do it for me like most of the other books in this series. The problems I have with this book is I couldn't figure out if I liked the heroine or not! I also really, really, really (I am going to throw one more Really in here?) Really didn't like the whole "force to marry a pushy ass I don't like to save the family's money" thing!!!!! That being said I loved the hero, and of course the dirty talk, so I will give this book 4 stars instead of the 3.5 stars I was thinking about giving. 

“You need a good tongue-fucking, duchess.”



What this book is about


Brent Mason and Hayden Winstead are not friends, in fact they can't stand each other. He thinks she is just some stuck up rich bitch, and she thinks he is a rude meathead. They are always around each other because their best friends are in love and getting married. So Brent and Hayden fight all the time. Under all those rude comments, and jabs is lust that they are both fighting. Anger turns into a wild night of passion, but can they just walk away like it never happened, or do they fight to be together despite their dislike of each other?


“What exactly is your idea of showing me, duchess?” He smirked. “Silk sheets, candlelight…the gentle strains of Kenny G. I’d love to see how the other half fucks.”

Brent:


Brent truly saved this book for me. He is a great character. Hard working and loyal. He works two jobs to help his family. He is sweet, and kind of a goofball. Of course he is a skilled dirty talker. I loved that he was willing to give up control in the bedroom at times to Hayden, but still a kinky bad boy! He let his male pride blind him at times and he was mouthy, but I found him sexy. 

“Look at you. You’re already scared. Afraid of a little pleasure, duchess? Worried you might actually like my middle-class mouth on you?”


“You made this fucking sound, Hayden. The first time you spread your legs to take my cock. I hear it everywhere I go. This goddamn…moan? Sob? I don’t know. All I know is if I don’t fuck that sound out of you again soon, I’m going to completely lose my mind.”


“Hayden Winstead! Don’t you dare! Don’t you dare marry someone else. We will fix this, do you understand me? If it means I have to work ten jobs. Your family will be fine. You don’t have to do this. Please, please don’t do this.” He banged his head against the door, grateful for the pain somewhere besides his heart. “I know I’m an asshole but I’m working on it. I’m sorry for what I said. So sorry. Hurting you…it might be the worst thing I’ve ever done, but I don’t deserve this. You don’t deserve this. If you marry him, Hayden, I won’t recover. I only got to spend one night holding you, but it was enough to know I have to hold you every single night.”


Hayden:

“It’s going to be over that fast, huh? Don’t worry, champ. It’s a very common problem among men. Happens to the best of them.”


Hmm I have mixed feelings about Hayden, One minute I thought she was funny, sassy, and outgoing. Then the next minute I would think she was fighting dirty when it came to Brent, snobby, and a borderline bitch. I hated that she even for a second thought about marrying another man and I don't care what the reasons are it was a point against her in my book!


“Oh, fuck off, Florence.” She yelled as he reached the living room. “Don’t let the door hit you on your well-spanked ass on the way out.”


“Brent, take me somewhere private. Where I can wrap my legs around all that muscle. Somewhere you can take off my teeny, tiny panties and fuck me hard.”


“I want you to leave your socks on my floor.” A breath shuddered out. “Not on Beth or Betsy or Becky’s floor. I want you to teach me how to grill. That’s something you do, right? In parking lots before sporting events or…or something?” She shook her head, knowing she rambled. “I want to…I want to be the one who worries about you. When you’re at work. I want to zone out while you talk about baseball.”


“You listen best when I’m buried in that sweet pussy. Get on your stomach. I’m about to clear up any misunderstandings.”


Well the sex in this book was hott, and so was the grade A dirty talk, but Hayden and Brent as a couple were just alright. I wasn't really drawn into their relationship, because they walked around almost the whole book butt hurt over wounded pride, differences in classes, and stupid misunderstandings. Instead of clearing the air and talking about it like adults they just tore into each other with insults. Which wouldn't have kept me from investing in them as a couple on it's own, but add that to the fact that Hayden was thinking about marrying another man for money and I am just like whatevs! So while this book was a good read, and the hero rocked my world, this book is not as good as some of the others in the series, but not the worst either. I am on to the last book. Below my favorite moment from this book:


“Who gets the deepest, Hayden?” “Brent,” she moaned. Two quick thrusts. “Who gets fucking hot when his naughty little bad girl makes him work hard for it? Makes him wait?” Oh God, that nearly sent her hurtling over the edge. Her muscles clenched, her thighs shook. Any minute now. “Brent!” “Who tongued your pussy for an hour straight last night?” “Brent,” she sobbed. “Brent.” He let go of her hair and buried his face in her neck, voice dropping considerably. “Who do you belong to?” His name sat right on the tip of her tongue. Her instincts told her to scream it. When she didn’t answer right away, she felt him tense on top of her. Her silence was hurting him. Hating his pain, loving the sense of rightness her heart’s answer made her feel, she threw caution to the wind and followed her instincts. “Brent.”



No comments:

Post a Comment