Saturday, August 1, 2015

MacKenzie Fire

Book Review of Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn Series)


Title: MacKenzie Fire

Series: Shine Not Burn 

Author: Elle Casey

Date Published: June 2nd 2014 

Date Read: August 01, 2015

The Blurb:
Ian MacKenzie's been a cranky pain in the *ss for going on three years now, still bitter over his failed engagement and his life on the ranch. Enter Candice, his sister-in-law Andie's best friend, out for a two-week visit as they await the birth of Ian's first niece.

Candice is a successful business owner, an expert with hair and fashion, determined to look gorgeous even while slipping and sliding all over the Oregon winter ice. Without even trying, she somehow manages to get right up under Ian's skin and make him say and do things he would never normally say or do.

When the two of them end up spending time together, the sparks and the snow flies. The question is whether they're going to do anything about it, and what will happen to the rest of their lives if they do.


My Review


              4.5 Holy Hot Cowboy Stars



"Back off, John Wayne. Don't touch." 

MacKenzie Fire is the sequel book to Shine Not Burn and it was hilarious. I laughed so hard that I had tears running down my face. Any book that can do that for me is a winner In my eyes.


“You are not just one person, Candice. You’re a whole tornado of a person.”

What this book is about

Candice is in Oregon in the middle of winter for the next few weeks because her best friend Andie is having her first child and Candice is the god mother. Andie has been telling Candice for a while now that her brother n law Ian is still having a pity party and being a jerk to everyone over his bad break up from 3 years ago. So while Candice is in Oregon with nothing better to do than fall on ice and freeze her butt off she figures she can give Ian the Kick in the pants he so needs to get over his past and make life better for her bff before she leaves. Spending time with that grumpy sexy as hell cowboy should be easy, but Candice soon fears that fixing Ian's heart might end up breaking hers. 

“Calm me down … who do you think you are?”He pulls me close, until our chests are touching again. “I’m your guy, that’s who.” 

Ian:

"You are in so much fucking trouble,"


Ian is sexy and charming when he wants to be. In the first part of the book Ian is a bit bitter. He let his ex pretty much run his life right down to what degree he got in college and the career he was going to take so when she did him dirty and they ended it left him angry and lost as to what he wants to do with his life. When Candice started to bring him out of his pity party he was very sweet and fun. 

“I’ll let you win a battle or two, but I’ll be the one winning this war.”

"Babe, I can’t promise you that I’ll always be perfect, but I’ll do my straight best to try, and I’ll make it my life’s goal to always make sure you’re happy. All you’ve got to do is marry me, and I’ll do the rest"


Candice:

"I'm serious. If your uterus falls out, I don't know if I'm prepared to deal with that. I've never googled that before."


OMG I adored Candice. She is such a playful goof and maybe a touch ditzy. She is outgoing, sassy, and a little crazy! Loyal and all heart I fell in love with Candice's character. The book is from her POV and she is freaking hilarious. She loves to Google everything and isn't afraid to use her googled knowledge to solve all problems. She is very up front she just tells Ian and everyone else what she thinks. Candice is going on my favorite heroine list because she was so different and flippin Awesome!

"No, why would I do that? Obviously you two weren't meant to be together. Your breakup was a good thing. Seriously. You've been hosting this pity party for waaay too long, Ian. Time to cowboy up and stop feeling sorry for yourself."

"I don't know. He just...he gets me all riled up. And he makes me laugh. He challenges me. I do things with him that I've never done before. I like it. I like this new me that I am with him.”


“Google is your friend, people. I’m serious. It’s not a person, it’s a collective group of people who want to help each other, and that’s a good thing.” 

Candice didn't take any of Ian's grumpy attitude so their bickering was too funny. So was their wars The snow fight, and the repeated toilet flushing while Ian is in the shower had me in tears. The way Ian kept getting busted by his mom OMG so good!! 
"Ian Michael Angus MacKenzie, what on earth are you doing?!" Ian's hand freezes in mid snow-shoving. I spit out the mouthful of snow I have and blink through the water that's melted on my lids. Ian's expression is classic. Busted.
I loved getting to see Andie, Mack and the family some more. I would have liked to get a little bit more of a epilogue since this is the last book in the series, but I still loved the hell outta this series! This book is such a sweet, light hearted, and funny read. I enjoyed it so much. 

”I’m going to donate my brain to science. Maybe they can unlock some secrets of the universe from in there.” “More like unlocking Pandora’s box,” Andie mutters. “Do you use that music app? I do. It’s pretty good.”





No comments:

Post a Comment