Sunday, August 9, 2015

Night Game

Book Review of Night Game (GhostWalkers)


Title: Night Game

Series: GhostWalkers Series

Author: Christine Feehan

Date Published:  November 1st 2005

Date Read:  May 21, 2015

The Blurb:
Gator Fontenot of the Special Forces paranormal squad must reel in the elusive Iris "Flame" Johnson, a victim of the same horrific experiments that warped Gator--and a red-haired weapon of unimaginable destructive powers bent on revenge in the sultry bayous of New Orleans. But can two people haunted by violent betrayals trust the passion that soon ignites between them? Or is one of them just playing another seductive and deadly night game?


My Review




5 ma petite flamme stars 

* May have some Spoilers below*

“I found out a long time ago, you can endure anything if you have to. Whitney didn’t defeat me, Raoul. I learned a lot of very valuable lessons.”



Hot damn I just fell for a sexy Cajun Charmer! Mmm Mmm Gator is yummy! This book is my favorite of the series so far. Night Game is so good. I loved everything about this book! 

“And you’re stubborn too. I like that in a woman. Never have gone for the submissive type.” He winked at her. “I like a tigress in my bed.”

What this book is about

Raoul (Gator) Fontenot is back home in the bayou to investigate the disappearance of a local woman Joy, and to look for Iris (Flame) Johnson (another Ghostwalker) and bring her back to Lily. Gator finds Flame but she has no intention of going to Lily who she feels betrayed her when they were children. She also believes the Evil Dr. Peter Whitney is still alive and that Lily is working for him. Can Gator get Flame to trust him and Lily and bring her home or will he start to believe that maybe Dr. Peter Whitney is still alive after all?

“You don’ want to admit it, cher, but you like me. You think I’m charmin’. And handsome. And sexy.” 


Rauol (Gator):


“I love how hot and wet you are for me and how when I touch you, and I’m deep inside you, all your muscles clamp down on me as if you’re holding me inside you and don’t want to let me go.”

OMG I am so in love with Gator. He is so damn sexy, so playful and funny. He has a really charming personality. A total flirt. He has that good ol boys laid back attitude, but he has a temper. He may appear laid back but he is the ultimate super soldier and can kick ass with the best of em! He is so good to his Grandma Nonny it just melts my heart. The way he is with Flame at the end when her hair falls out from chemo OMG so sweet. He is my new book Husband! GOD I love him. 

“Did I mention I’m partial to your breasts? I want to lie down beside you and just suck and play to my heart’s content.” “Not only are you a perv about knives, you have an oral fixation.” “Cher, I have a lot of fixations. Just saying the word oral conjures up that beautiful mouth of yours fixating on my very hard cock.” He kissed her ear, his tongue doing a little foray that sent another shiver through her body. "Did I tell you I love your mouth? Hot and velvet soft and very moist. I don’ know if I can survive just thinkin’ about your mouth and tongue and all that heat.”

“You scared the hell out of me, cher. If you ever do something like this again, I’m goin’ to turn you over my knee and beat your pretty little ass until you can’t sit down and you beg me for mercy.”

“This is us. You and me, Flame. And this is my choice. I want you because of who and what you are, not because of an experiment. You’re in my heart. You have to understand that. This is only between us.”


Flame:


“I love you,” Flame whispered, her voice so low that even with his acute hearing, he barely heard. “I’ve never loved anyone, Raoul and I’m not very good at it.”

Damn I love Flame. I might have a girl crush on her. She is so damn awesome! She is one drop kickin, knife throwing, tough as nails total badass chick! She is strong willed, and stubborn as hell. She is playful, and sweet. Respectful to nonny. She has a bad temper too. She has had a bad life filled with pain and betrayal. She is dying of cancer and knows it. So she is trying to help as many people as she can before she dies. Even with all her trust issues and her fear of being hurt she is good to Gator and slowly lets him in. She truly has a big heart and wants what every woman wants a family and love. She is a grudge holder and in a way I can understand, but I did wanna tell her to just get over it when it came to Lily and Gator. When she told Gator's Nonny that she was pregnant and that he wouldn't take care of it, to get back at him, I about fell over laughin. 

I’m so sorry, ma’am. I shouldn’t have come.” She lowered her gaze looking young and vulnerable, allowing her voice to tremble. “I sing in a club and he came in sweet-talkin’ and smiling at me and I know I was wrong. I’m really a good girl. And now there’s a baby on the way and I…“ She pressed a hand to her stomach as she stood up shakily. “I thought if I came, he’d do the right thing, but…“ she trailed off pathetically.

“No it’s not. Why do people say that? Crying is a complete waste of time. It doesn’t do any good whatsoever. Your face swells up and turns red. Your eyes burn and you get the headache from hell. Will crying bring Burrell back?” She sank down onto the bed, back against the wall, drawing her knees up. “I cried once in a while after I learned to screw up Whitney’s camera and recorders. It didn’t make me well. It didn’t get me out of the cage he put me in. It didn’t do a damn thing but give him satisfaction when he found out. I’m not crying.”

“Really. Raoul, let me have a go at him. He could creep up behind you someday and you’d never see it coming.” His arm circled her neck, drawing her close enough that he could find her mouth again, kissing her hard and deep. “That’s what I love most. You’re such a blood thirsty little wench.”


“Don’t worry, baby, I won’t let anything happen to you.” He didn’t know whether to laugh or to scowl at her. Any other woman would be teasing, but he had the feeling she meant it. “First of all, I’m the man and I do man things, like take care of my woman in a bad situation.”“You’re the man? What does that mean? I hope you don’t mean what I think you did. I’m a soldier and I can fight every bit as well as you.”

Gator and Flame together are hilarious. Two people with hot tempers and a massive undercurrent of sexual tension. Their playful bickering and flirting is so cute. I was very invested in their relationship. There was a build up to their relationship that felt real. Tender moments together where you could see how they fell in love with each other. Damn did they have some hot chemistry!!! Gator is a kinky bad boy. I love Nonny. This book is emotional and touching. My heart bled for Gator and Flame. And I felt so bad for Lily. The end had me tearing up.

“The work I do is every bit as real a danger as cancer is to you. It’s every bit as real as the threat of Whitney is to you. Life gives us choices, Flame. You either grab on with both hands and just go for it, or you sit on the sidelines. I’m a go for it kind of man.”



This book was such a great read. I am on to the next book below I leave one of my favorite moments from this book:

“Did Gator take care of you, cher?” she asked, with a quick smile for her grandson. Flame blushed, uncertain what Raoul’s grandmother was asking. Surely she wasn’t inquiring as to whether or not he’d taken care of her sexual needs? It didn’t help that Raoul pressed against her back, his breath warm on the nape of her neck, both hands cupping her bottom right through her tight jeans. She smiled at Nonny and slapped at Gator’s hands behind her back. “He was-unbelievable.” She found herself stammering. “Unbelievable?” Wyatt echoed, his eyebrow shooting up. “He was unbelievable?” Flame’s color deepened and she cast him a glare. “Astonishing.” That was worse. What was the matter with her? It wasn’t her fault, Raoul was distracting her with his roaming hands. He had a fixation with her butt and she was going to have to do something mean right there in his grandmother’s home if he didn’t stop. Did one get aroused in front of other people? She never had, but then that was before she met the Cajun king of perverts. Gator put his lips against her ear. “Mind-blowing?” He helped her out. “Or maybe that was you.” Flame cleared her throat. “I couldn’t believe how attentive he was last night, Ms. Fontenot.” Wyatt burst out laughing. He nudged his brother “You were attentive. Just how attentive were you?”




No comments:

Post a Comment