Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Passing His Guard

Book Review of Passing His Guard (Against the Cage Series)


Title: Passing His Guard

Series: Against The Cage Series

Author: Melynda Price

Date Published: August 25th 2015  

Date Read: August 03, 2015

The Blurb:
Aiden “Disco Stick” Kruze walked away from it all—money, family, friends, and a successful career as a lawyer in Manhattan—to pursue his dream of being an MMA fighter. When a sexy private investigator shows up at Aiden’s gym, he mistakenly assumes she’s a cage-banging groupie.

Ryann is determined to haul Aiden back home. She’s desperate to claim the reward money that will pay off her father’s creditors before the man who killed her father comes to collect from her.

Aiden is done living his life under the microscope of being a senator’s son. He’s not going back to New York—ever—and there’s nothing this tenacious redhead can do about it. Or is there?

When the demons of Aiden’s past catch up with him, he realizes the lies, deception, and betrayal run deeper than he ever imagined. Aiden must put his career and his life on the line to save the woman who’s stolen his heart.


My Review




      4 Take a ride on Disco Stick Stars 


"Baby, I've got so much testosterone pumping through my system right now, all I can think about is working it out on you."



"Holy hell, you try my patience. Right now I can't decide what I want to do more, throttle you or fuck you."

Passing His Guard is the 2nd book in the Against the Cage series, but it can be read as a stand alone as I didn't read the first book, and had no problems following this one. This is the first book I have read by Melynda Price and I really enjoyed it. Enjoyed it enough that I am thinking of going back and reading the first one just to have a little more time in this world.

"That's what I'm trying to do, but you're clam-jamming me." He busted out laughing, which had not been what she was going for-at all. "I'm what?" he asked incredulously. "Clam-jamming me. It's the female version of cock-blocking,"


What this book is about

Ryann Andrews is in big trouble. The kind that could cost her, her life. A month ago her father was murdered in a hit and run, and Ryann knows who killed him. The Mob boss took him out because he owned him a ton of money. Now that mob boss is after Ryann for her father's debt. She has 2 weeks to pay the 75,000 or else! Desperate for money Ryann takes on the job of finding the son of Senator Kruze and bringing him home. When Ryann finds Aiden Kruze she can't believe it's the same guy. He is not the good looking, suit wearing Lawyer in the photo she was given. Standing before her is a sexy, cocky, kick ass MMA fighter all tatted up and pierced. Aiden “Disco Stick” Kruze has no intentions of going back home to his old life, but Ryann doesn't care what he wants or how sexy he is, she is getting him home and collecting that money no matter what she has to do!

Aiden:

"You touch her again and I'll fucking kill you."


Aiden is all kinds of yummy! He is fun, sweet, sexy, totally kick ass, and very smart. Aiden is a multifaceted character. He tends to hide the real him behind his alter ego "Disco Stick" the womanizing MMA fighter. Aiden feels like people and women only want to be around him because of his fame, Which makes him feel used and gives him a vulnerability that is endearing. Aiden tends to put his foot in his mouth a lot when it comes to Ryann, jumping to wrong conclusions and getting himself in trouble. I love how protective he is with Ryann. Aiden makes a perfect swoon worthy Hero.

"Rohypnol..." Her whispered response was spoken so softly, he barely heard her. "Are you serious? You fucking roofied me?" "Well, when you say it like that, you make it sound so bad."


"Damn, baby girl, that was hot. You know this silver tongue is good for more than just talking. Why don't you pull over and unlock these cuffs and I'll be more than happy to show you. Give me thirty seconds between those sweet thighs of yours and I'll make you come so hard-"


Ryann:


"I can take it, Aiden. I promise you won't break me."

Ryann is a very likeable heroine. She has a very realistic and down to earth personality. She had the perfect balance of independence and sass without coming across as bitchy. She has had a lot thrown at her and she is still fighting. She is brave, strong and sweet. Ryann is a good match for Aiden because she sees and likes the real him and not "Disco"

"I told her you had crabs." Aiden inhaled, choking on the fire searing a path into his lungs and sending him into a coughing fit. Mother. Fuck. "You did what?" he wheezed. The corner of Ryann's mouth twitched, and he swore to God, he'd never been more close to throttling a woman in his life. " I. Told. Her. You. Had. Crabs."


"Please....... he gave me trail mix." "That wasn't all he wanted to give you." "You're being ridiculous," she chided. "And you're being naive if you thing that guy didn't want to fuck your brains out." She laughed. She actually laughed at him. "You're right, Aiden. Nothing says 'I want to fuck your brains out' like a bag of trail mix."


"Fuck, Ryann... I'd fight every day if it meant coming home to this."

Aiden and Ryann have some massive sexual tension going on in this book. By the time they come together it was explosive, wild, and hot. I love them as a couple and was totally invested in their relationship. I loved the story plot. I found it suspenseful and thrilling. There are a few curveballs thrown in there that I didn't see coming. Nikko OMG Nikko!!! I want me some Nikko. Please Melynda Price Please write Nikko's story. I fell in love with Aiden's friend Nikko he was such a great character. The only problem I had with this book was there was a little to much internal monologue. Not enough to make it boring or anything just enough to slow the book down a bit. I am a sucker for a sweet epilogue and this book gave me one that had me feeling all warm and fuzzy. I thought this was an awesome and exciting read with lovable characters, scary realistic bad guys, and a delightful ending. I will definitely be reading more books from this author especially if she gives Nikko his own book!!!!!

"Have you noticed he's been acting different these past few days?" she pressed. "Of course I've noticed, but you gotta understand, Gingersnap, we're guys. This isn't the Vagina Monologues. We don't talk about our feelings."




No comments:

Post a Comment