Sunday, November 22, 2015

Instant Attraction

Book Review of Instant Attraction (Wilder Series)



Title:Instant Attraction

Series: Wilder Series

Author:Jill Shalvis

Date Published: February 1st 2009

Date Read: July 25, 2015

The Blurb: 
Get Wild... And Then Get Wilder...

Accountant Katie Kramer is a quintessential good girl—working hard, recycling diligently, all the while trying to ignore the feeling that she doesn't fit in anywhere. That's all she wants. Well, that—and amazing sex, and the kind of daredevil escapade she can look back on when she's crunching numbers in a dusty cubicle. Which explains why she just took a job in Wishful, California, working for Wilder Adventures and Expeditions. Waking up to find a magnificently built stranger towering over her bed—that part defies explanation...

After wandering the planet for months following a life-changing accident, Cameron Wilder has come back to the only home he knows. Under other circumstances, he might be thrilled to find a gorgeous woman sleeping in his cabin, but now, while he'll risk his body taking clients on adrenaline-drenched excursions, his heart is off limits. Still, Katie's killer smile triggers something deep in his gut... among other places. Showing her how exhilarating it can be to stop balancing her life as if it was a checkbook is the biggest rush he's ever felt—and an adventure Katie's wishing would never end...


My Review




 4 Live life balls out Stars




“I dreamed about living my life to its fullest. Balls out.” “You don’t have any.” “It’s a euphemism.”

So this is my first time reading Jill Shalvis and I loved it. Instant Atrraction, the first book in the Wilder series was awesome! This book has a little bit of drama, but for the most part it was a funny, light, sexy read! 

What this book is about

At one time Cameron Wilder had it all. As a champion snow boarder he had money, fame, and the girl. Then he found out his girl slept with someone else. Distracted and Distraught he has a snowboarding accident that cost him his career. Not knowing how to deal with it all, Cam has spent the last year wandering the world trying to find himself. He comes home to find a beautiful sleeping woman in his bed. She says her name is Katie and she says she works for Wilder Adventures and Expeditions the company him and his brothers own. He is instantly attracted to her, but it's more than that. This little sexy thing in his bed makes him feel, something he hasn't been able to do since the accident. 


“You think I’m so strong? I’m trying, believe me, but at this point, it’s still just an illusion.”“You’re here, doing something new. Out of your element and handling it. You are strong. You’re one of the strongest women I know.”

Cam:


Cam is the reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5. I liked his character for the most part but his fear over his feelings for Katie annoyed me although I could understand why he would have some fears. Cam has been hurt many times. He could be very sexy, charming and sweet. 


“I want you to know that I get that I tend to keep myself emotionally distanced from everything and everyone. But you…” He shook his head as if a little overwhelmed. “I’m not emotionally distanced from you, Katie. I never was.”

“But I met this woman. She’d been through hell but didn’t let that stop her. Nothing could make her quit.” He drew a deep breath, looking into her eyes, his so clear and green. “It made me want to be a better man. I don’t want to quit you, Katie.” 


Katie:

“I want you to know, chickens aren’t sexy. Not to me.”


Katie made the book for me. She was honest, playful, and so full of life. Katie is the only survivor in a bridge collapse that killed 30 people. She is fighting her own demons. She doesn't let fear stop her. Panic attacks and all she still fights to live life to fullest or "Balls out" which is her motto. I love how she is with Cam. She doesn't make him feel like a failure and she doesn't demand anything from him. She gets him talking about his feelings and makes him think. She makes him smile and laugh and want to be a better man. She just lives in the moment with him. She is very open and doesn't play games. I love that she just tells everyone what she is feeling. 

“Don’t say you’re a quitter, because the man I’m looking at has been dealt some pretty rough blows and he’s still standing. The quitting thing is bullshit, Cam. And don’t try to tell me you don’t feel this thing between us either.”

“I see them, Cam. I see all of them, and you know what? I want you anyway. I want you because of them. Because you’re human. Because…Because you represent someone who’s lived his life balls out-” She broke off at Harley’s choked laugh. “Oh. Am I not supposed to say balls to someone who has balls?”


“Nah, he’d try to kick my ass, and then I’d have to kick his, and then Annie would want in on it. It’d be a whole ass-kicking thing” 

Cam and Katie together are so hot and cute. There is some major sexual tension going on in this book. I love that they spend a lot of time together so you get to see their relationship build. There is a side story of Annie ( Cam's aunt) and her husband Nick working out some problems in their relationship. I really like Cam's brothers and can't wait to read their stories. I loved the family dynamics. There was the cheating Ex but she really didn't cause much trouble and Cam shot her down the minute she tries! This book was a funny, sweet read with very little drama. I think Jill Shalvis may have just gained a new fan!



No comments:

Post a Comment