Saturday, November 7, 2015

Rebound Remedy

Book Review of Rebound Remedy


Title:  Rebound Remedy

Series: Novel

Author:  Christine D'Abo

Date Published:    November 9th 2015

Date Read: , November 07, 2015

The Blurb: The last thing Cole expects to get for the holidays is dumped. But there he is, in the airport on his way to Banff for a romantic getaway, helplessly watching as his boyfriend’s ex declares undying love, proposes—and is accepted. With a few weeks to go until Christmas, Cole’s mood dives from jolly to jaded. But instead of sitting at home alone and feeling sorry for himself, he goes to his favorite bar, McGregor’s, for a pint and some company. 

The moment Owen McGregor sets eyes on Cole, he knows there’s something wrong. So he takes it upon himself to ensure that Cole has a happy holiday: twelve outings for the twelve days before Christmas. Even if he can’t quite think up twelve activities that don’t involve getting the forlorn hunk into his bed.

With each outing they take together, Cole realizes that the love he thought he’d shared with his ex was less than perfect. And that Owen might prove to be more than just his rebound remedy.
-----------------------
Twenty percent of the proceeds from this title will be donated to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) National Help Center.

Founded in 1996, the GLBT National Help Center is a non-profit organization that provides vital peer-support, community connections and resource information to people with questions regarding sexual orientation and/or gender identity. Utilizing a diverse group of GLBT volunteers, they operate two national hotlines, the GLBT National Hotline and the GLBT National Youth Talkline, as well as private, volunteer one-to-one online chat, that help both youth and adults with coming-out issues, safer-sex information, school bullying, family concerns, relationship problems and a lot more.

To learn more about this charity or to donate directly, please visit their website: http://www.glbthotline.org/
 


My Review




                  4 Fun Feel Good Stars    


"I hate to see you unhappy." Owen spoke the words softly, but they penetrated hard. "I've watched you many nights at the bar. You smile, but you've never seemed....right. Happy."-Owen


"While you've been coming into the bar for a while now, it's not like I know you. It's wrong and messed up that I want nothing more than to strip you naked and fuck you into next week."- Owen

Rebound Remedy by Christine d'Abo was a sweet, light hearted, and feel good read, about Cole and Owen finding love when they least expected it. Cole has been dump right before Christmas in an airport by his boyfriend of 6 months, Steven. Steven and Cole were getting ready to go on a trip for Christmas when, Steven's ex comes and proposes marriage to Steven, and Steven forgetting that Cole is even standing there, says yes. Poor Cole is heart broken. He goes to his favorite local bar to drown his sorrows. Owen the owner of the bar sees that Cole is sad and when he finds out that Cole as been dumped right before Christmas, he wants to cheer him up. But what starts out as a way to make someone feel better, turns into so much more. 

"I don't care. I want to feel something other than this pain in my chest that doesn't want to go away. I'm tired of closing my eyes and seeing steven at the airport, the look on his face as.....I just need something tangible. You are very tangible." -Cole


"No, you don't. Because in ten minutes I'm going to have you stripped naked and your cock down my throat so far I'll gag. Then if you're lucky, I'll fuck you senseless."- Owen

Owen was sexy as hell. He was a great guy with a good heart. He was playful, sweet, with a bit of a wicked, mischievous side. Owen was a fixer and a care taker. He quit his job to run his family bar because his dad had a stroke. I loved Owen. I loved Cole too. Cole was more serious, and straight laced. Cole is very caring. He got taken advantage of in his relationship with Steven, because he is always trying to take care of others needs. Cole was a very open man and wore his heart on his sleeve.

"You have the perfect cock. Thick the way I like it. It would take you a while to get me ready to take you. When I was ready, you'd stretch my ass so wide. I'd feel you for days later."- Cole



"Up to this point, my sex life has been pretty vanilla." "We'll have to expand your horizons." The grin
Owen gave him was positively satanic. "God, help me."-Cole and Owen


Cole and Owen had a sweet relationship, and some hot chemistry. They weren't just lovers they had a friendship too. I wish this book would have been longer. I would have liked to had more time with them as a couple and I felt like the ending was rushed. It's been a while since I read a good M/M and I really enjoy this one. Rebound Remedy was a quick, fun, light hearted, low drama read that I would recommend to anyone who likes M/M. 

"That's subtle." Cole chuckled. "I take it they assume I'm not leaving tonight." "You've just declared your undying love for me and kissed the back of my hand." Owen stood and pulled Cole to his feet. "You don't understand what you've unleashed." "Hey now, I don't think I said 'undying love.'" "No, no, you totally did."-Cole and Owen

On a little side note, I just want to say to all authors not just this one Please stop using the word "puckered" when describing the asshole it makes me giggle like a child! Just sayin!



             




No comments:

Post a Comment