Friday, November 27, 2015

Instant Temptation

Book Review of Instant Temptation (Wilder Series)


Title:Instant Temptation

Series: Wilder Series

Author:Jill Shalvis

Date Published: April 1st 2010

Date Read: July 27, 2015

The Blurb: T.J. Wilder is the perfect package of breathtaking adventure and raw sex appeal. Even better, he's about to reconnect with the one woman he's never been able to forget...
Get Your Pulse Racing
To Harley, the landscape around Wishful, California, is exhilarating, untamed, and more than a little dangerous. The same could be said for T.J. Wilder, who's invited himself along on her trek to study a rare coyote. Harley's career is riding on this trip, and she doesn't need a stubborn, incredibly sexy distraction. But T.J. is a professional guide who knows when to stay back and when to provide invaluable expertise-just like he's done since they were in high school. And Harley, as usual, is torn between throttling him and giving in to the raw attraction that's been smoldering all these years.
T.J. knows how proud and capable Harley is, but he's damned sure not letting her put herself at risk when there are illegal hunters in the area. She needs him, with the same soul-stirring urgency that he's always craved her. And here, in this beautiful place days from civilization, he'll finally have a chance to prove it-over and over again...

My Review



                4 The big bad wolf Stars 




“Don’t get between me and my sugar, TJ It won’t end well for you.”

Instant Temptation is the last book in the Wilder series and I am sad to see it go. I would have loved to have a book or two more. I know there is no more Wilder brothers but I wouldn't mind having a follow up novella or something. This book is about the oldest Wilder brother TJ finding love. I really enjoyed TJ and Harley's story. 

What this book is about

TJ Wilder doesn't know what he did all those years ago that made Harley hate him. When they were in school they use to be friends, but not anymore. When they are not avoiding each other they are fighting with each other. But no matter how much they fight with each other there is this underline explosive sexual tension between them too. When TJ goes with Harley as a professional guide to help her with some Biology work she has to do in the woods will they finally talk things out and see what is between them or will they end up killing each other?

“I heard you go running like a bat out of hell. What’s the matter, Harley, see something that bothered you?” Yes. Yes, she was bothered. Hot and bothered. “The big bad wolf.” He laughed again. “Should have stayed and let me show you what big teeth I have.”

TJ:




TJ is your typical Wilder brother. Sexy man's man with a yummy rock hard body. He loves the ladies but is a commitment phobe. TJ is very restless and goes on long trips for months at a time. His girlfriend Sam who was into outdoor adventures too, died on a river guide trip by being careless, so not only does he have walls around his heart, but it has made him cautious. Now he tries to be prepared for anything outdoors. 

"But you also make me laugh. You make me feel good. And sometimes, Harley, when you think I’m not paying attention, you look at me like…” “Like what?” she whispered. “Like I’m worth something to you.”

Harley:


Harley is a child of two hippies that bounced from job to job while she was growing up and she never felt stable and that is what she wants most in life. She takes care of her family helping them pay their bills, and giving them money when she can. She is very hard working and tries hard not to need anyone. I love that in this book you get to see Harley's vulnerable side. 

“Give me a break. This whole thing is frustrating. I don’t need people. People need me. But you, TJ” she pressed a hand to her aching heart “I need. And I really hope you got it that time because it doesn’t seem to be getting any easier to say.”




“You look like you’re torn between kissing me again and spanking me.” He dropped his hand and stared at her. “Good idea. How about both?”

TJ and Harley as a couple are very sweet. They had a very cute playfulness to their relationship once they stopped fighting and some major Heat. I loved seeing all the couples again. I was so glad that Katie and Cam are in this book. I think this book wrapped up the series nicely and was a great easy going read. I will be reading more of Jill Shalvis in the future!!





No comments:

Post a Comment