Friday, February 27, 2015

Justice

Book Review of Justice (New Species Series)


Title:Justice

Series: New Species Series

Author: Laurann Dohner

Date Published:  November 11th 2011 

The Blurb: 
Justice North is the face of New Species. Seeing him up close makes Jessie's heart race. He's the ultimate alpha male-big, muscular, exotically beautiful...and dangerous. Of course he's off limits. But then the sexy man purrs and all bets are off.

Jessie Dupree is a mouthy, fiery human female who brings out the animal in Justice. She wants to show him how to relax, and he's all for anything she wants to do, but Justice has sworn to protect his people and to take a Species mate. He's torn between the woman he wants and the oath he's taken. 

Jessie knows a relationship between them probably won't end well; heartbreak is inevitable. But that won't stop her from freeing the wildness inside Justice and spending every moment she can steal wrapped around his hot body, making him roar with passion.

My Review



3 “Dickish? Anal? Jealous?” stars



“You’re not walking out of my life. You’re mine, Jessie. You belong with me.”



“You turned me on. You were small yet fierce. You fought incredibly well.”

WTH????? Ok is it me or was Justice a asshat for like over 50% of the book. I don't know what the hell happened! So Justice is book 4 in the New Species Series, and It was a let down. Justice is the leader of his people. He is the face of New species to humans. He lives his over worked, very busy life under a microscope having his every word and action dissected and splashed all over the news. He is expected to pick a Species for a mate , but it's this little human that makes him burn and brings out all his protective instincts. He wants Jessie Dupree so bad, but can he put his people at risk to have the one woman he loves? Jessie knows she shouldn't want Justice he is her boss, but he is sexy as hell and she just can't help wanting him. What starts out as a little fun in the bed gets complicated when she falls in love with a man that tells her they can't have a future together. Will Jessie get her man or will she end up with a broken heart?

“I admit to the jealousy. If you ever allow someone else to touch you, I will kill him, Jessie. I will tear him apart. Do you understand me?”



Justice:

I just want to cry..... I loved Justice in the first 3 books and I couldn't wait to get to his book. I had such high hopes that he would sweep me off my feet and I would love him more than ever. I was so damn disappointed in the way he was in most of the this. He acted like a jackass, was a coward about their relationship and just pissed me off most of the time. I mean really Justice she can't be with you because of bla bla bla , but if she is with any other man you will kill him Really? I will give him this he got his act together, but I needed it to be sooner. There was moments when he was really sweet and sexy , but far more moments of him being a Jealous ass and having tantrums. And when he was telling Jessie all the reasons they couldn't be together all I thought was 



“I definitely was that. You’re beautiful, Jessie. Did I tell you that?” He stared deeply into her eyes. “You’re the most beautiful thing I think I’ve ever seen when I’m inside you and you are enjoying us being together.”


“I made a commitment to my people and getting involved with you adds to the problems we have.” He took a deep breath and his anger faded to be replaced by sadness as he stared into her eyes. “I can think of a thousand reasons why it’s a bad idea to be with you but I’m still here. You’re my one weakness, Jessie. I want you and it seems logic doesn’t help me stay away.”




Jessie:


I loved Jessie. She was sweet, funny, total kick ass girl. Blunt and brave. She fights for what she believes in and for Justice. I felt so bad for her, I actually ached, I felt her heart break every time Justice pushed her away. She was supportive and understanding and really too good for Justice after the way he acted!

“You stand before those cameras, the reporters, and the world pretending to be totally human but you’re not. You can just be yourself with me, Justice. I accept you for who and what you are. You’re the guy who purrs and growls, gets a little out of control when we kiss and there’s nothing wrong with that.” She pushed forward, her hands flattened on the bed and she rose to her knees. Her gaze held his as she tried to show him she meant every word. “There’s nothing wrong with you, Justice North. I think you’re amazing and I don’t want you holding back with me. I want to get to know the real you, not some image you’ve tried to perfect for your job. You’re off the clock and it’s playtime. I’m going to teach you how to have fun and tear down those walls you’ve built. I’m safe, Justice.”



“I’m done, Justice. You didn’t want anyone to know about us because you knew we wouldn’t last. You said it was to protect everyone but I assumed that was for only as long as we were still getting to know each other. How naive of me to honestly think you wanted to see if we had a future. You moved me into the house of your future mate and you just made it very clear you’re set on a Species woman. Well, guess what? Fuck you, Justice. I have feelings. Do you get that?”


“I want you to swell with my child and I want you bound to me in every way possible.” He stared deeply into her eyes. “I want to do everything to bind you to me in every way. You make me happy.” He smiled. “You make my life complete.”


I did enjoy that there was new different bad guys and I will say this Laurann Dohner can write some hella hot sex scenes. The book was a pretty good read, could it have been better? Hell yeah! Did I want to choke Justice for most of it? yes! The book did redeem itself and I got some sweet romance towards the end. Oh well I guess I can't love em all. 

here is my favorite moment from the book:

Breeze approached the table slowly, glanced at the four males sitting there and put her hands behind her back. She waited until she had their full attention before she spoke. “Thank you,” she said softly, sincerely. “You said he cared for her,” Brawn grumbled. “You didn’t tell me he was obsessed to the point of going feral. He nearly took my head off when I told him I planned to claim her.” Cedar laughed. “He might not have overturned the table or wanted to tear your head off if you’d just said you were going to claim her. Breeze asked to make him jealous to get him to admit to his feelings for the human. You provoked him into wanting to kill you.” Bestial grinned. “I did like the part about taking her home, mounting her and fucking her until she screamed. Justice sure didn’t, but I was amused.” Jaded chuckled. “Yes. Let’s not forget that classic line that finally broke his barely contained control. What did you say, Brawn? You were going to fill her with your seed and plant it? That was a nice touch.”



No comments:

Post a Comment