Thursday, July 16, 2015

Dark Instincts

Book Review of Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack)



Title: Dark Instincts

Series: The Phoenix Pack

Author: Suzanne Wright

Date Published:  April 7th 2015 

Date Read:  June 21, 2015

The Blurb:
It happens whenever wolf shifter Roni Axton is near Marcus Fuller: a crackle of sexual awareness that’s intoxicating…and deeply annoying. Marcus is a pack enforcer who oozes power, but Roni is lethal in her own right—nothing like the flirty females who flock around him. Even still, his possessive gaze makes one thing clear. Marcus has singled her out for seduction, and he wants to make her sit up and beg.

No matter how aloof and unfazed Roni acts, Marcus can tell she wants him. When a brutal attack by a jackal pack forces them to work together, it’s the perfect opportunity for Marcus to chip away at her defenses—until he falls into his own trap, completely unprepared for the intensity of their connection. Roni is the only one who’s ever seen past his shifter charm and discovered the man hiding beneath it. And for Marcus, claiming Roni once will mean needing her forever.


My Review


4.5 Antisocial Stars

* May have Spoilers below*



“Flirting is supposed to be fun and playful, sweetheart. It doesn’t mean I’m not serious.” He leaned closer, lowering his voice so only she could hear, making the whole thing painfully intimate. “I want you. I want to make you come so hard that the memory’s burned into your brain and you’ll never forget the feeling of me deep inside you.”

OMG!!!! Ok so I loved the 1st book and the 2nd, the 3rd was just meh. So I was just a little worried that the 4th one would fall flat too. Well I was wrong. I loved Dark Instincts . It was so good that now I can't wait for the next one to come out!

“So when I told you to stop interfering in my life, what part of that statement did you find confusing? Should I use smaller words? Simpler vocabulary? Or maybe you need me to emphasize it with a blow to the jaw? That would be fun.” (Roni to Nick)

Roni:

Roni is flippin awesome. I love how socially awkward she is. She is an enforcer so she kick some serious ass. She is a huge tom boy. I got a kick out of her smart witty remarks, but I loved her random weird facts so much. 

Roni's Random Facts:

“Did you know that if you get caught masturbating in Indonesia, you can be decapitated as punishment?” “Roni.” “What? What did I say?”
*******************************************************************
"Did you know that thousands of different bacteria can be found in a person's belly button?"
********************************************************************
“Did you know that an ingredient of many lipsticks is crushed parasitic beetles?”
********************************************************************
“Did you know that if your stomach doesn’t produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks, it’ll digest itself?”
********************************************************************
“Except dolphins,” interjected Roni. “They’re a race of violent predators who kill their own babies for fun and who have a predilection to gang rape.”
********************************************************************
“For instance, I know that in Baldwin Park, no one’s allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool. And I know that it’s illegal to hunt whales in Oklahoma. Oh, and in Singapore, it’s illegal to buy or sell gum you can only have it prescribed by a doctor.” Everyone just stared at her. “What?”


Marcus:



“I didn’t say you’re submissive. I said I do the fucking, and you do the taking. It’s like I told you last time when I’m inside this pussy, it’s mine. And right now, I want to fuck it.”

Marcus is fun loving, charming , and very loyal. He shows everyone the laid back, playboy side but there is way more to Marcus then what meets the eye. He is very supportive of Roni, and gives her the time she needs, slowing breaking down all the walls around her heart. I love his little quirk about not sharing his food ever. 

“You come across as a smooth, easygoing flirt who’s all soft and cuddly. But in reality, you’re a dangerous fucker who’s simply very prettily dressed in charm.” “Flattery won’t get you anywhere, Roni. Except, of course, if it’s accompanied by a kiss.” “You hide behind the charm, flirt constantly, flash that bad-boy smile at everyone, and live by the ‘no strings attached rule. But in doing that, you’ve reduced yourself to a sex toy.”

“That doesn’t matter to me. She doesn’t matter to me. You matter to me. And absolutely nobody gets to harm you. Not because I don’t think you can take care of yourself, but because the very idea of anyone targeting you offends me and pisses me the hell off. If anyone touches you, they die.”



“One thing we can learn from this is to never underestimate our females.” “You know, looking at them right now,” began Marcus, “it’s safe to say they’re all a little crazy and vicious.” Nick, Trey, and Dante all nodded in agreement, looking proud. “Yeah,” said Trey. “We lucked out.”

Marcus and Roni together are so damn cute, but when it comes to sex they go rough and hard! They have major chemistry, like rippin clothes off, up against the tree, can't get it fast enough chemistry!!!!

Then she pointed at her pussy. “Well, it’s not going to lick itself.”


“You can be just as possessive, Roni. Gets me hard every time.” She snorted. “A burger gets you hard.” “But it doesn’t taste as good as you do.”

I adored that both Trey and Nicks packs are all over this book because I enjoy seeing how everyone is doing. Roni with her two brothers had me rolling. Her and Eli with their crazy brother/sister prank war OMG. 

“Does your cruelty know no boundaries?” “What did she do?” chuckled Marcus. “Take a look. Take a long look at who you’ve mated.” Eli tossed his cell to Marcus. “Total. Fucking. Bitch.” As his mate continued to brush off her brother’s insults, Marcus found himself looking at Eli’s Facebook profile while Nick, Shaya, and Stone peeked at it over his shoulder. Eli or Roni pretending to be Eli had posted on his wall at four-thirty in the morning “I’ve got an announcement to make. I’ve found my true mate. Yep, turns out my mate was under my nose the whole time.” Under the post was a photo of a naked Eli curled up in bed . . . with a grinning Kent spooning him.

This book has it all family drama, hot romance, on the edge of your seat suspense, A yummy, sexy werewolf with cheesy come on lines, and tons of action! Oh and lets not forget adorable lil Kye!!!! I can't not wait for SPIRAL OF NEED (Derren's book) 

Below I leave my favorite moment from this book:

Trey gave him a mockingly sympathetic look. “You might be an Alpha, but your family will always find a way to play you.” Nick just scowled at him. “I’m glad you find this amusing, Sailor Joe.” It seemed to take a few seconds for the words to sink in, but when they did, Trey spun to snarl at Taryn, “You told him?” She laughed awkwardly. “Of course I didn’t tell him.” In a low voice, she added, “I told Shaya.” While everyone else was doing their best to hide their amusement, Dante was outright laughing his ass off. “A sailor, huh? Didn’t think that role-play was your thing.” Trey glowered at him. “Something funny, Fireman Sam?” The laughing abruptly stopped, and Dante rounded on his mate. “You told him?” Jaime spluttered. “No!” She cleared her throat. “Although I did tell Taryn. And Shaya. And Roni. But I didn’t tell them about the time you—” A large hand clapped over her mouth. “About the time you . . . ?” prodded Nick, grinning. Wincing as Jaime bit into his palm, Dante shook his head. “Nothing.” Shaya snorted at Nick. “You’re not really one to judge, considering you—” Her words were cut off as he kissed her hard.





No comments:

Post a Comment