Saturday, July 11, 2015

Wicked Cravings

Book Review of Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack)


Title: Wicked Cravings

Series: The Phoenix Pack

Author: Suzanne Wright

Date Published:  April 16th 2013

Date Read: First Read on June 25, 2014  Re read on June 17, 2015 

The Blurb:
Despite having been besotted with Dante Garcea since she was a child, wolf shifter Jaime Farrow figures that it’s time to move past the crush. If he wanted her, he wouldn’t have ignored her flirtatious behavior, right? Hiding her intense attraction to him isn’t easy – especially now that they're part of the same pack again – but with bigger issues to worry about and with the submissive wolf act to maintain, Jaime is resolute on moving forward. Now if only the workaholic control-freak would let her…

As the pack Beta, Dante doesn't have the space or time in his life for a relationship. As such, he ignores his intense hunger for the willful – and sometimes crazy – Jaime. Yet when her flirtations abruptly end, Dante finds that he doesn’t like losing her attention. He finds something else too – Jaime's hiding something. Determined to uncover her secret, he sets out to break through her defenses, even though being around her intensifies his cravings for her. What he finds is a problem that Jaime is convinced not even a powerful Beta can solve.

My Review




5 Emotionally damaged Stars




“Keep giving me attitude, baby. I’m looking forward to fucking it right out of you.”

Wow Wicked Cravings is another Great book in the Phoenix Pack series . This one was a emotional roller coster for me. I was screaming at my kindle, smiling, laughin, and tearing up while reading this book and was so hooked I couldn't put it down!

“You marked me, you son of a bitch! Maybe you didn’t hear me before, Popeye, but I’m none of your goddamn business! Being my Beta doesn’t give you the right to mark me! I could have been your business, could have been yours to mark, but you don’t want me! Well someone else does, and if I want to fuck him, I goddamn motherfucking will!”

Though Dante and Jaime got off to a rough start thanks to Dante fighting his feelings for her I Enjoyed Dante and Jaime's story a little more than the first one. Only because Dante didn't share his woman, no tag teamin here! That was why the first book didn't get five stars.

Dante:

Dante is sexy, protective, and a bit on the controlling side, but sweet. He is  beta of the wolf pack  and won't think twice about rippin someone apart to protect those he cares for. He is a total workaholic that doesn't know how to let go and let others help. He is all about order and neatness. Everything is black and white and he is all about sticking to the rules! Sometimes he comes off as a little insensitive to others feelings, because he doesn't have a lot of close relationships, but he has a good heart. 

“Let me tell you what you’re going to do now. You’re going to turn around and walk away. Simple. If you don’t, I will gut you open right here, right now,” he said very matter-of-factly. “And then I’ll feed your intestines to you. From what I hear, they don’t taste great. Want to find out if that’s true?”


“Look at me, Jaime. Look at me.” Finally, she did. “I want this. I’m keeping you. If you think you have a choice, that’s not my problem.” “Keeping me? I’m not a stray kitten, I’m a person.” “If you were a stray kitten, I’d give you a kick up the ass and walk away.” She did a double take. “You’d kick a kitten?” “I’d kick Hunk if I didn’t think the gremlin would eat my foot.”


“Baby, I’m always horny when you’re around, especially when you’re all naked and wet like this. But seeing you all assertive, possessive, and protective of our mating gets me instantly hard. Want to play gynecologists again?”


Jaime:

Jaime is a spitfire, wild child with a smart mouth who likes to bend the rules . She likes to have fun, and is very playful. Her wolf has been emotionally traumatized so she can't shift for fear that her wolf would go crazy and hurt someone. She is a fighter who doesn't back down from Dante or anyone else. 


“Thanks. That really means a lot coming from a backstabbing, rumor-spreading, attention-seeking, black hole of need. But then, I suppose it’s a good thing that you’re spreading something besides your legs.”


“You’re not a bad person,” she told him, knowing where his thoughts had taken him. “I’m not saying you’re perfect. You’re cocky and a know-it-all and you’re addicted to working. But you’ve got a nice big dick and great bedroom skills, so I’m willing to overlook all that.”


“You, you, you—that’s all I hear. Let’s revisit the facts, big guy. I was the one this happened to. I was the one who should have died yesterday. And I’m the one who’s been getting called Limp-A-Lot all damn morning. But wait, no, you’re the victim here, aren’t you? So sad. Well, I hope that pity plane you’re on malfunctions and hits the ground like a goddamn dart!”


“Know this, too if you ever get an idea like that again, I’ll know, baby, and I’ll spank your ass so damn hard there’ll be a permanent handprint right there.” She gave him a cheeky smile. “As long as you understand there’ll be a matching one on your face.”

I love Jaime and Dante together they have the whole odd couple thing going on. Polar opposites that balance each other out. When they come together Dayum! OMG Suzanne Wright can write a steamy love scene. When Dante claimed Jaime Hott!!!! . I will say that Dante and Jaime did remind me a little of Trey and Taryn because both couples where Strong willed , controlling, Alpha types but they were different enough that i didn't care. Beside I love kick butt heroines! I loved seeing the gang again, and getting more time with Trey and Taryn. I laughed so hard at Taryn in labor.

“I can’t do this! Just leave her in there. She’ll be fine.” “You’re doing really well,” Lydia assured her. “No, I’m done! I’m tired, I’m sweaty, I’m in agony, and why do I feel like I need to shit?” “It’s totally natural to feel that way,” said Grace in a placatory, calming voice. “Some women even have one during labor.” “What?” The word dripped with horror. “Women can shit when they’re in labor? Tell me that won’t happen to me! Don’t you let me shit, Grace!” A loud, lengthy cry signaled that she was having another contraction. Trey’s voice was soft and encouraging. “Just breathe, baby.” “I am fucking breathing! And why does this gas and air make me sound like Darth Vader?” “Here, how about I move it out the way for—” “Don’t you touch it,” she growled at him. “It’s mine. Understand? Mine.” “Okay, okay, you keep it, it’s yours.” “Wanna try it?” “No thanks, baby.” 

Wicked Cravings was fast pace, and had lots of drama. Towards the end there is a big thing that happens that tore my heart out and had me in tears. Their HEA was so good it gave me the warm fuzzies. Great read I can't wait to read the next one! 

Below I leave a few of my favorite quotes:

“So close that I’m seriously considering clawing off your balls and feeding them to you. Not because I’m losing control, but because you’re an ass.”

“And I can’t do it because, what? Because I’m a female? I’ll have you know that there are plenty of things women can do that men can’t.” Tao snickered. “Like what?” “Well, bend over in prison, for one. Multitask, ask for directions, belly flop with dignity, bleed for five days every month yet not die—”

Taryn gave Jaime a pleading look. “Any tips on how to deal with Old Mother Hubbard here? You’ve known her longer than I have.” Jaime pursed her lips. “Don’t get light in her eyes, don’t get her wet, and never feed her after midnight.”

“What, you don’t like being pregnant?” Trick frowned. “I thought females loved it.” Taryn pursed her lips. “Let’s see…I’m constantly tired, emotional, hungry, and horny. Most of my clothes don’t fit, my back always aches, and I can’t see my feet. It’s such a magical experience. Oh, and I walk like a fat, deformed penguin.”



No comments:

Post a Comment