Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Feral Sins

Book Review of Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack)


Title: Feral Sins

Series: The Phoenix Pack

Author: Suzanne Wright

Date Published: March 4th 2012

Date Read: First read June 23, 2014  Re- Read June 15, 2015

The Blurb:
If your inner wolf and your body react rather enthusiastically to a psychotic Alpha male who’s own wolf has a tendency to turn feral, it can’t be a good thing, can it? Entering into a bargain with him wouldn’t be good either. Unfortunately, Taryn Warner, a latent wolf shifter, doesn’t have many options open to her right now. Okay, she has no options. Basically it comes down to whether she’ll do what it takes to escape the arranged mating with the sick SOB that her father set up. As the answer in this case is yes, it looks as though she’ll have to agree to Trey Coleman’s deal…she’ll have to mate with him instead. 

Having always disliked shifter politics, Trey Coleman hadn’t bothered trying to form alliances with other packs. Now that his uncle – a wolf with many alliances – means to take Trey’s territory and his pack, he has no option but to form some alliances of his own very quickly or he’ll be easily outnumbered in the upcoming battle. He figures that the easiest way to do that would be to mate with a female whose Alpha is powerful and influential. There’s only one problem with that – he would then be stuck with her, and the last thing Trey wants is a mate. When he hears of Taryn’s situation, he offers her a deal – if she falsely claims he’s her true mate and allows him to claim her, he’ll save her from her arranged mating and then let her leave after the battle with his uncle is over. 

Sounds like a pretty straightforward deal...but soon Taryn and Trey realize they got more than they bargained for. Their mating instincts to protect and possess are weighing on them, they crave each other’s touch and company, and their inner wolves don’t like it whenever they’re apart. Add in that they’ll have to deal with this for an entire three months until the day of the battle finally arrives, and they’ve got themselves a recipe for disaster – or maybe for something quite the opposite. 


My Review



                     4.5 True Mates Stars


“And she’s my mate. She’s mine. No one keeps her from me. No one insults her. And no one and I mean no one talks to her the way you just did, understand me?”

Wow Feral Sins is a Fantastic Shifter book!!!! I love Suzanne Wright. She has a great talent of writing sexy, manly heroes and Kick ass, sassy heroine. This book had me from the start and I didn't want to put it down. Dayum this book is smokin' hot. OMG I think I melted! 

“I can sense how hard your wolf’s riding you.” “Jealous that she is and you’re not?”

What this book is about

Taryn Warner is a latent wolf shifter, meaning she can't shift into her wolf form. Taryn is about to be forced by her ass of a father, to mate a evil Alpha from another pack, whom she wants nothing to do with. She has been trying to find a way out, and that way out comes in the form of another Alpha named Trey Coleman. Trey needs political allies, and Taryn's father has a ton. So he offers to pretend to be true mates and get her out of her mating with the other alpha in hopes that the mating will gain her dad as a ally. Trey has a reputation of being psycho. Not to metion her wolf is crazy about him and his scent. Can she trust Trey enough to mate him and will they both be able to fight their attraction to each other?

“Move you son of a -” Then abruptly he plunged a long finger inside her, addressing that aching emptiness, and she practically liquefied against the wall, moaning. “That’s it, baby, be still for me.” He kept his thrusts shallow and leisurely, licking his claiming mark and liking her answering tremor. “Feel good?” “It’s alright, I guess.” 

Trey:



“This is me saying I realize I’ve been a prick and it’s going to stop.”

Trey is a sexy as hell, dirty talking, strong fighting alpha wolf with just a touch of crazy feral in him! He is very protective and possessive. He has had a hard life abused by his father. He ends up fighting his father when pushed to far at the age of 14 and wins. Instead of becoming the Alpha as it should have been, he was banished. Some of the pack left with him. Forming a pack with him as Alpha. Trey is very serious, he has a ton of responsibilities on his shoulders. He doesn't know what love is and he doesn't do fun! I love how Taryn brought life to him. She showed him how to play and brings laughter into his life. She softens his rough edges and makes him think of other's feelings. I love that Trey shows Taryn that she is worth respect and love and not less because she is latent.

“I don’t want anyone else, baby. I just want to hear my Taryn telling me she wants me. Shall I tell you how much I want to fuck this hot little body? How I’ve wanted to fuck you since the second I saw you? That’s right, baby, I wanted you before we mated. What I want to do right now is make you come so hard you scream.”


“I’d never purposely hurt you. Never. I’m a man which means I’ll fuck up. Regularly. I’m not good with words, I spout crap when I’m angry, and I’m about as romantic as a pebble. But…See, I’m not good with words. All I can say is you’re important to me in a way I can’t explain or understand. More important to me than anything else.”


“You’re all there is for me, Taryn. I’m broken, baby. You know that. Before you…it was like those bits of me were just scattered all over the place. I’ve never felt whole. Not until you. You hold those pieces together. It’s not an exaggeration when I say you hold my sanity in your hands. Without you, I’d fall apart.”


Taryn:


“Love is giving someone the power to completely destroy you, and hoping that they won’t.”

Taryn is strong, funny, beautiful, and a fighter who always has a sassy comeback. She is just so funny and full of life. She is a foul mouth smart ass that doesn't take shit from no one and doesn't care what people think of her. She is a latent wolf so she is always being picked on and treated badly. She had to learn to fight and save herself. I loved her, she has a lot of spirit and spunk . Man this book had me laughing hard at her smart mouthing ways! She is understanding of Trey's background and accepts him just like he is. 

“You’re staying.” She smiled. “I believe you were warned before you even mated me not to bark at me unless you’re happy to be ignored.” “Taryn,” he drawled in an impatient tone, “I am your mate -” “And I’m stubborn. If you want absolute obedience, get a Labrador. I’m not quite the delicate flower people tend to take me for. Now let’s go.”


“I like knowing you’re safe.” “And yet you haven’t thrown out your inherently evil grandmother.” Chuckling, he shaped her waist with his hands. “I know she’s being a little difficult right now, but she’s one of those people who grow on you.” “No, she’s one of those people who are like Slinkies.” “Slinkies?” “Yeah. Basically useless, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.”

“Try it if you feel you must. But just remember this: I know where you sleep, I know where the cheese grater is, and I know it’ll cause you a hell of a lot of pain if it makes contact with your cock. Don’t think I won’t do it. I know I can heal you afterwards so my conscience won’t interfere.”


“I know. Be careful. You have to come back to me.” “There’ll be a lot of blood on my hands by the end of this battle. You know that, right?” She pressed her forehead to his. “Do you honestly think I’d judge you for protecting your family, your pack, your territory? Darryl obviously wants to die. Assist him.”



“As Taryn would say, if I wanted to hear from an ass, I’d fart.”




I really enjoyed how their love develops over time. How they bring out the best in each other. Trey and Taryn are like a kick ass power couple and have an explosive chemistry. Man can Suzanne Wright write some hot sex omg for real. Burnin up my kindle and had me jumpin my husband!! The only thing I didn't really get in this book was the one time he let his bros (pack mates) in the bedroom with them for a little ménage sex scene. (P.S. There is a edited version out there that doesn't have the tag team action in it.) I mean I have read a few ménage books, and they were good, but I am not a sharer. So I have a hard time getting into the idea that someone would be ok with letting someone else touch what is theirs. Especially Shifter books because they are so possessive, but that is just me. I will say this the group sex scene was hott, really hott I just couldn't connect to it. Other then that I thought it was a sexy strong love story with lots of lovable characters, a few villains we love to hate, and tons of drama! The HEA is swoon worthy! I totally recommend it to anyone who loves shifter romances! 

Below I leave a few of my favorite "Taryn sassy remarks":

“Hey, I have a suggestion, why not put a condom over your head – if you’re going to act like a complete dick then it makes sense to dress like one.”


“If your reputation’s anything to go by, that wasn’t your first broken nose.” At her unrepentant shrug, he asked, amused, “You don’t think that perhaps you have anger management issues?” “Punching people is managing my anger.”


Taryn couldn’t stop the snort from popping out. “And who in La La Land told you that would ever happen? Probably the same person who told you that you’re a good liar.” He spluttered. “Excuse me?” “Oh come on, you talk so much shit I can smell it on your breath.”


He frowned. “I turned out all right.” “Erections don’t equal personal growth, Trey.”


“Who does this pussy belong to?” “Shut the fuck up, Trey, and make me come.” He thrust his fingers deep and again she bucked and cried out. “Whose is it, Taryn?” “As I’m the one who cleans it, waxes it, keeps it tidy and has it medically checked, I’d say it’s mine. But you can borrow it if you like.” 


“Oh. And what is it you think you’re going to do to me now?” Mousy smirked. “I’m thinking that I’d like to fuck that mouth of yours.” “Sorry. I was raised to never put small objects in my mouth or I might choke.”






No comments:

Post a Comment