Friday, September 23, 2016

In Safe Hands

Book Review of In Safe Hands(Search and Rescue Series)


Title: In Safe Hands

Series: Search and Rescue Series


Author: Katie Ruggle


Date Published: October 4th 2016


Date Read:   August 03, 2016


The Blurb:

In the remote Rocky Mountains, lives depend on the Search & Rescue brotherhood. But in a place this far off the map, trust is hard to come by and secrets can be murder...


It's all come down to this...

Daisy Little has lived in agoraphobic terror for over eight years. Trapped within a prison of her own making, she watches time pass through her bedroom window. Daisy knows she'll never be a part of the world...until the day she becomes the sole witness of a terrible crime that may finally tear the Search and Rescue brotherhood apart for good.
 


My Review




4 Leaving Home Stars



Some Spoilers

Wow...... In Safe Hands started out right were Gone Too Deep left off. I wasn't 22 pages in when Ms Ruggle started dropping bombs left and right. I was straight trippin'! As the plot for the series flows from book to book I would read this series in order, although I think if you tried to read them as standalones you would still be ok. The action in this book was great. Some of the revelations were crazy. I so never saw them coming. 



I liked both Chris and Daisy. One thing I really like about all of Katie Ruggle books is all of her heroines are funny, and very unique. Daisy was no exception. She was a total shut in having not left her house in 8 years since she watched her mom get murder. She had issues and they were understandable but I felt myself get angry at her father who let her live that way for 8 years. Daisy was sweet, shy and playful. She knew she had problems and I loved that she braved her fear and started working on getting better. I did have a little bit of trouble relating to her because I felt 8 years was too long to not deal but I still really liked her. Chris was great. He was sexy and sweet. Loyal and trusting he was everything a good cop and hero should be. I loved that he didn't push Daisy about not leaving the house. He was loving, comforting, and accepting of all of her even her faults and over the top fears. 


Chris and Daisy had a super slow build up in their relationship. They both had guilt over her mom's death and it held them back. But they had such a close friendship and chemistry that their love felt real. I don't want to give away too much of the plot because it's a shocker but the two bad guys were super creepy. I don't know which one was worst but I do know that the fire starter was giving me creepy chills every time there was a scene with him.



What a great read. Action everywhere, the romance sweet, the girl bonding was awesome, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I will say that I wished for more when it came to the ending. I think it could have wrapped up better. Other than that I loved this book and the whole series. I am so glad I got Gone Too Deep from Netgalley, fell in love with George, and got turned onto this series and author. I can't wait to get my hands on more books of her!




No comments:

Post a Comment