Thursday, September 22, 2016

Merry Cowboy Christmas

Book Review of Merry Cowboy Christmas (Lucky Penny Ranch Series)


Title: Merry Cowboy Christmas

Series: Lucky Penny Ranch Series


Author: Carolyn Brown


Date Published: September 27th 2016


Date Read:   September 21, 2016


The Blurb:

THIS CHRISTMAS, SANTA'S WEARING A STETSON


'Tis the night before Christmas and all through the house is the presence of one wickedly hot cowboy who's come to stay for the holiday. Fiona Logan is downright shocked to return to her childhood home and find that the tall blond stranger who came to her rescue on an icy road will be sleeping just across the hall from her bedroom. Talk about temptation . . . 

Jud Dawson never believed the Lucky Penny Ranch would live up to its name until now. Fiona is gorgeous, smart, funny, and everything he thought he'd never find. Now all he has to do is convince her to stick around town instead of hightailing it back to Houston. But with wild weather, nosy neighbors, and a new baby in the family, getting her to admit that she's falling in love might just take a Christmas miracle.

My Review



4 Putting down roots Stars



Merry Cowboy Christmas, the 3rd book in the Lucky Penny Ranch Series, was a great read. Having read the other two books as well I am a real fan of this series and I feel really attached to all the characters. I fell in love with each of the Dawson Men as I read each of their love stories. And although Toby and Lizzy's story will always be my favorite, I really enjoyed Jud, and Fiona's love story. 



Jud was just as sexy as his cousins Toby and Blake, but he wasn't as wild. He was ready to have a family, put down roots. Not just with any woman he wanted the right woman. That woman was the fiery redheaded Logan sister that just came back home. Jud was sweet. He had such a big heart I just couldn't help but fall in love with him. From the way he fell in love and supported Fiona and her dreams to the way he went about helping an old man that treated his family like crap. He was hard working, smart, hot, and all heart. Jud was just an all around great hero. Fiona was sweet like the other Logan sisters, but she felt like she didn't really belong. Her sisters had their place, their jobs, what they were going to do in life, where they belong, and she wanted to fit in too. Like most redheads she had a bit of a cute temper and she could be sassy. She was also loving, loyal, and very smart. 


I loved Jud and Fiona together. They didn't just have heat and passion, although they had plenty of that. They had a deep friendship too. I loved that this book took place at Christmas time. I am a sucker for Christmas romances. I watch the Hallmark channel Christmas movies almost religiously. So ate up the sweet Christmas time vibe this book gave off. I also enjoyed that fact that Truman and Dora June sweetened up a lot in this book, while still being believable. I will say that I wish Fiona hadn't been so wishy washy for so long, but then again I could understand it in a way. I also loved how it all worked out and the ending was super sweet. I seen at the end of the book that the next book coming is Wicked Cowboy Charm and that it's Deke and Josie (Jud's sister) Dawson's story. I can not wait ..... CAN'T WAIT ...to watch Deke be taken down. Deke with his wild ways going through women like they are water. I just can't wait to see love knock him on his butt! A great read. I would recommend It to anyone who loves Christmas romances and sexy cowboys!




No comments:

Post a Comment