Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Beauty of the Beast

Book Review of Beauty Of The Beast (Fairy Tale Retellings Series)


Title: Beauty Of The Beast

Series: Fairy Tale Retellings Series


Author: Rachel L. Demeter


Date Published: March 15th 2017


Date Read:   March 11th 2017


The Blurb:

Experience the world’s most enchanting and timeless love story—retold with a dark and realistic twist.


A BEAST LIVING IN THE SHADOW OF HIS PAST

Reclusive and severely scarred Prince Adam Delacroix has remained hidden inside a secluded, decrepit castle ever since he witnessed his family’s brutal massacre. Cloaked in shadow, with only the lamentations of past ghosts for company, he has abandoned all hope, allowing the world to believe he died on that tragic eve twenty-five years ago.

A BEAUTY IN PURSUIT OF A BETTER FUTURE

Caught in a fierce snowstorm, beautiful and strong-willed Isabelle Rose seeks shelter at a castle—unaware that its beastly and disfigured master is much more than he appears to be. When he imprisons her gravely ill and blind father, she bravely offers herself in his place.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Stripped of his emotional defenses, Adam’s humanity reawakens as he encounters a kindred soul in Isabelle. Together they will wade through darkness and discover beauty and passion in the most unlikely of places. But when a monster from Isabelle’s former life threatens their new love, Demrov’s forgotten prince must emerge from his shadows and face the world once more…

Perfect for fans of Beauty and the Beast and The Phantom of the OperaBeauty of the Beast brings a familiar and well-loved fairy tale to life with a rich setting in the kingdom of Demrov and a captivating, Gothic voice.

* * *

Beauty of the Beast is the first standalone installment in a series of classic fairy tales reimagined with a dark and realistic twist.

Disclaimer: This is an edgy, historical romance retelling of the classic fairy tale. Due to strong sexual content, profanity, and dark subject matter, including an instance of sexual assault committed by the villain, Beauty of the Beast is not intended for readers under the age of 18.
 


My Review



5 Little Prince Stars



This is my first time reading Rachel L. Demeter and I freaking loved it! I fell in love with Beauty and The Beast as a little girl when I seen the Walt Disney movie for the first time. I guess it was my first taste of damaged, scarred bad boys. There is just something so beautiful about seeing past the surface and finding true love no matter the flaws. Plus beast gives Belle a whole library and what woman could resist a man that gives you a whole room full of books! So I try to get my hands on every retelling I come across. 



Beauty of the Beast was a great retelling of the classic. I felt it was like a cross between Beauty and the beast, phantom of the opera, and maybe a touch of Cinderella thrown in there. I love that instead of Adam, the beast, being a magical cursed beast he was just severely scarred. Adam's backstory was a heartbreaking and dark one. Seeing what he lived through at the age of 11 got me right in the feels! My heart bled for Adam and I fell in love with him too. Isabelle was easy to love. She had such a bright spirit. She loved her father and was loyal to her step sisters even though they were worthless and didn't deserve her loyalty. She was caring and had a good heart. She was a perfect Belle. 


Adam and Isabelle were adorable together. There was such a sweet build up to their love that it felt natural and real. I loved how because there is no magic in this that Adam doesn't magically because handsome. Isabelle truly loves him scars and all. I felt Rachel L. Demeter did a great job of writing a complex and multifaceted villain. Raphael was evil but his character was so well developed that I could understand why he was evil and though I hated him I at times felt sorry for all he had lived through too. I enjoyed this book from beginning to end and I loved the epilogue. It had everything I adore about the classic Beauty and the Beast with just enough difference to still feel new. Beauty of the Beast was a wonderful read and I would recommend it to anyone who loves Beauty and the Beast!




No comments:

Post a Comment