Monday, March 20, 2017

His to Seduce

Book Review of His To Seduce (Fireside Series)


Title: His To Seduce 

Series: Fireside Series


Author: Stacey Lynn


Date Published: March 21st 2017


Date Read:   March 17th 2017


The Blurb:

Becoming an ER doctor had been David McGregor’s mission ever since he could remember. But after tragedy strikes at his hospital in Chicago, David runs away from the guilt—all the way back to Latham Hills, Michigan, where he takes a job tending bar at his childhood friend’s restaurant. That’s how he meets Camden Reed, and the way Camden refuses to give him the time of day should be a turnoff. Instead, he’s drawn to her tough, tightly wound exterior, and soon David realizes that he has a new mission: to see her tightly wound beneath him.

 
Camden’s fighting tooth and nail to resist the desire she feels for David. Growing up dirt-poor, raised by a single mother, she worked twice as hard to get where she is today, and she doesn’t have any patience for the kind of guy who’d give up a decent paycheck to sling drinks. But when the sexual tension finally combusts between the sheets, Camden discovers that people aren’t always what they seem. As David pushes her past her limits, Camden begins to loosen up—and to trust that, when she falls, there will be someone waiting to catch her.
 

My Review



3 Hiding behind Walls Stars



Some Spoilers

His to Seduce the 4th book in the Fireside series was an okay read for me, but I just couldn't connect with it like I did all the others. I never got invested in the love story and I found myself skipping through the book because I was starting to get a little bored. I don't know what it was for sure that caused such a disconnect with me and this book as I loved the other books in this series but something was just not working for me. Not that I hated this book or anything. I didn't hate it. I actually really liked David and getting to catch up with the whole gang at Fireside. The only thing I can pin point that I didn't like was Camden. She just rubbed me wrong. I didn't feel like I got to really know her. She only really showed her closed off side which made her seem bitchy and cold. Because of her past I could understand some of her actions but I think she was just too closed off and didn't open up soon enough. David was a nice balance to her. He was sweet, fun, and very understanding. I did really think the ending was very cute. Overall this read was okay but my least favorite of the series. 




No comments:

Post a Comment