Thursday, March 30, 2017

Seduce Me at Sunrise

Book Review of Seduce Me At Sunrise (The Hathaways Series)


Title: Seduce Me At Sunrise 

Series: The Hathaways Series


Author: Lisa Kleypas


Date Published:  September 30th 2008


Date Read:   April 14, 2016


The Blurb:

He has tried hard to forget her.


Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins—and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation... and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Can she remember the man he once was?

Then, Win returns to England... only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It’s now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny—or risk losing the only woman he has lived for...

My Review




5 All or Nothing Stars



***Spoilers***


"If you marry me, you'll never be a lady of position." "There is no better position for me than being your wife."-Kev and Win 


OMG I loved Kev and Win's book!!!! I loved everything about their story. Going into this book I knew it was going to be angsty and it was. But it wasn't so angsty that it was torture to read. The push/pull of Kev and Win's relationship was emotional and gripping and made it all the more sweet when they got together. I can see now just from reading two books that Lisa Kleypas is an amazing writer. I am now a devoted fan-girl . She has completely captivated me with this charming, quirky family. 

Kev loved her. Not in the way that novelists and poets described. Nothing so tame. He loved her beyond earth, heaven, or hell. Every moment out of her company was agony; every moment with her was the only peace he had ever known. Every touch of her hands left an imprint that ate down to his soul.-Kev 



Since my illness I have had the strength to do very little except to love [Win had written], but that I have done, and I still do, in full measure. I am sorry for the way I shocked you the morning I left, but I do not regret the sentiments I expressed. I am running after you, and life, in desperate pursuit. My dream is that someday you will both turn and let me catch you. That dream carries me through every night. I long to tell you so many things, but I am not free yet. I hope to be well enough someday to shock you again, with far more pleasing results.-Win 


Kev had a rough start in life. Abused and used for the human version of a fight dog as a child. Kev was never shown love or kindness. Rough around the edges he loved Win with a passion bordering on obsession. He would do anything for her but be with her. He was afraid he wasn't good for her. That he would hurt her. That he wouldn't be able to give her a good life. So he tortured them both by fighting their relationship. So much so that he almost lost her to another man. Kev was surly, hard working, and loyal. Though he had been with the Hathaways since he was left for dead as a child he still held himself apart from them. He loved all the Hathaways, but he was a loner and didn't feel like a part of the family. He had a vulnerable side that when shown melted me and had me forgiving all his stupid moments. I loved Kev!

"I have nothing to offer you," he finally said in a guttural voice. "Nothing." Win's lips had turned dry. She moistened them, and tried to speak through a thrill of anxious trembling. "You have yourself," she whispered. "You don't know me. You think you do, but you don't. The things I've done, the things I'm capable of- you and your family, all you know of life comes from books. If you understood anything-" "Make me understand. Tell me what is so terrible that you must keep pushing me away." He shook his head. "Then stop torturing the both of us," she said unsteadily. "Leave me, or let me go." "I can't," he snapped. "I can't, damn you."-Kev and Win 



"All the fires of hell could burn for a thousand years and it wouldn't equal what I feel for you in one minute of the day. I love you so much there is no pleasure in it. Nothing but torment. Because if I could dilute what I feel for you to the millionth part, it would still be enough to kill you. And even if it drives me mad, I would rather see you live in the arms of that cold, soulless bastard than die in mine."-Kev 

Win was amazing. I was worried going into this book that she would be a doormat character. Boy I couldn't have been more wrong. She had pride, integrity, and passion. She went for what she wanted. Spoke her feelings with a sweet honesty but she didn't let Kev break her. When he told her they couldn't be together she didn't fall to pieces. She told him, fine your loss I will live my life to the fullest. I really loved that about her. She didn't just beg after him she was going to move on. She was a fighter. She had been deathly ill and for years thought she would never have a life so even though she loved Kev she was not going to give up her second chance at life. She wasn't sassy but she had a quiet peace and strength that wasn't in your face but still stood out. One of my favorite heroines to date!!

"I've been give a rare opportunity… a second chance at life. And I intend to make the most of it. I'm not going to waste my love on a man who doesn't want or need it. I won't bother you again."-Win



"How could I touch you with these hands?" he asked, his tone shredded with anguish. "How could you stand to let me? God, if you knew all the things I've done-" "I love your hands," she murmured. "I'm not good enough for you. But no one is. And most men, good or bad, have limits to what they would do, even for someone they love. I have none. No God, no moral code, no faith in anything. Except you. You're my religion. I would do anything you asked. I would fight, steal, kill for you. I would-"-Kev and Win 

What I really loved about this book was that though it was about Kev, Win and their beautifully intense love story it was also about the whole Hathaway gang. I loved getting more Cam and Amelia. And OMG their baby news! I liked getting to see Poppy, and Bea out in society. What I really loved was Kev, Cam and Leo's brother bonding. Leo has really come a long way since the first book. He was really turning his life around in this book. I loved the bickering between Leo and the governess Miss Marks. I really can't wait to get Miss Marks back story. I was losing my shit when my poor Cam was poisoned and almost died! My favorite part of the book was when Kev kidnaps Win as part of the Roma courting and takes her away to ravish her. Talk about hot! The ending Wow it was so damn sweet. I was melting all over the epilogue. It was beautiful!!! 

"Do you believe in happy-ever-after?" she persisted, gasping a little as he gave her a playful nip. "As in the children's tales? No." "You don't?" He shook his head. "I believe in two people loving each other." A smile curved his lips. "Finding pleasure in ordinary moments. Walking together. Arguing over things like the timing of an egg, or how to manage the servants, or the size of the butcher's bill. Going to bed each night, and waking up together each morning."-Win and Kev 




No comments:

Post a Comment