Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Conversion

Book Review of Conversion (Conversion Series)



Title: Conversion

Series: Conversion

Author:S. C. Stephens

Date Published:  September 3rd 2013

Date Read:  July 29, 2014

The Blurb:
Emma is content. She's got a promising career in front of her, great friends, and a pretty amazing family. But her love life has been a little lacking lately. That's when fate steps in, and she crashes into a tall, dark and handsome man—Teren Adams.

He’s single, successful, an extraordinary gentleman, but he’s also secretive. And some of his secrets are more unusual than most people’s. For instance, he’s a “little bit” vampire. He has fangs, incredible hearing, unbelievable speed, and, on occasion, he enjoys drinking a steaming cup of blood. But he’s also very much alive. He has a heartbeat, loves steak as well as cappuccinos, and has no problems walking around during the day.

Since Teren acts human the majority of the time, the pros far outweigh the cons in Emma’s book. But when it becomes apparent that Teren’s condition is much more serious than he first lets on, and that being in a relationship with him requires more sacrifices than most would be willing to make, will Emma stay? Is love enough to compensate for a life that will never be anywhere near normal? But then again...what's normal anyway?


My Review


                               


Very Sweet story. Very Romantic.



Teren: is very sweet and gentleman like not alpha male controlling, but romantic and kindhearted, and still very sexy.



Emma: is very down to earth and normal. She is pretty and sweet but strong when she needs to be. 

"Hey, boy, I missed you." I scratched him behind his ears. He thumped his tail and I could have sworn he smiled.
Teren sat up on the other side of him. "You missed the dog? Did you miss me?"
I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe...a little."
He leaned over Spike to kiss me. "It seemed more than a little last night."
I grinned and pulled him down to me, making Spike scoot out of our way. "Okay...maybe a lot. Maybe I was miserable. Maybe I cried all the time. Maybe I told off my boss. And maybe I even got wasted and danced inappropriately with my friend's boyfriend. Maybe..."


Teren raised his eyebrows at me. "Wow, you were busy. I just sulked a lot." He cupped my face in his strong hands. "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you everything right away. I was so afraid you'd leave me."


I enjoyed this story very much. Teren and Emma together are great and when Emma meets his family for the first Oh God too funny.

Imogen sighed, and I looked up to find her watching Alanna and Jack. Meeting my gaze, she said, very quietly, "Do you not find Teren attractive, dear?"
I blinked and my mouth surely hit the table. Do I what?

"Gran," Teren growled at her, and her youthful eyes regarded him before returning to mine.
"We know he's trying, young one, but you seem to be rejecting him. We don't mean to eavesdrop, but...he's such a good looking boy, surely you feel some desire for him?"



Towards the end when Emma saves them it was great because she wasn't this kick ass heroine she was just normal but she found strength to kick ass in the end and save her and her vampire!

"You were wrong. I told you he wouldn't kill me." I flicked a glance down his dirty body. "He won't even kill you." My eyes found his again; his seemed more alert and I knew I only had seconds left before he could fight me off. I leaned forward over his body. "He's too good a man to kill you."
I raised the bar, and with one hard push, I shoved it into the soft spot at the hollow of his throat. The man jerked in surprise as the iron ripped through his flesh and hit his spine.
"I'm not so good," I growled.



And of course the book gives you a Happy Ending with Twins!!!!!

When he reached my hips, he stopped and looked up at me, a little irritated. "What is that?"
I tried to control my heavy breath, as I pushed his head back to my skin. "What's what?"
He looked back up at me, like I was intentionally doing something to annoy him. "That noise? I've been hearing it for a few days and it's really distracting right now..."
"God, Teren, I don't know...you could be hearing a moon landing with those ears of yours."
He sat back on his heels, further frustrating me. I put my hands on my hips as he stated, "No...it's coming from you."
He dismissively waved his hand at me. "No...I know those sounds." He brought his fingers to his chin, while he sat there thinking. "This is different...it's almost like-"
I cut him off, my face heating. "You know those sounds? Teren! You do not have permission to listen to noises that my body makes. We need to talk about boundaries."
He shot to his feet and took two steps away from me. "Oh my God, Emma."
I looked over his shocked face with scrunched brows. "I'm just saying I don't want you eavesdropping on my digestive track. It's nothing to freak out about."
His face broke into a strange expression. He took a step towards me, cocking his head, like he was intently listening. "Oh my God, Emma," he said again, almost reverently.
My heart started racing at the odd look on his face. "You're freaking me out, Teren."
He looked down my body and then looked back to my eyes; a crystal clear tear fell down his cheek as he regarded me in awe. "Oh my God..."
He took another step towards me and I stepped away from him, until the backs of my legs hit the bed. Confusion added to my trepidation. My heart felt like it was going to burst right out of my chest. I was about to yell at him to tell me what the hell was freaking him out, when I finally noticed where his eyes were going when he looked at my body. The realization hit me at the exact moment his hand came up to rest on my abdomen.
My eyes flashed up to his. "Teren, do you...hear a heartbeat?" A tear rolled down my cheek at the very idea.



God I love happy endings with babies I am on to the next book




No comments:

Post a Comment