Sunday, October 25, 2015

Redemption River

Book Review of Redemption River (Men of Mercy Series)


Title:Redemption River

Series: Men of Mercy

Author:Lindsay Cross

Date Published:  October 21st 2015

Date Read: October 23, 2015

The Blurb:
Hunter James didn’t want or need redemption. 

Until one mission turns his world upside down. 

He left Mercy to fight for his country and escape a broken heart. Years later, he is hard. Cold. A man without mercy. Part of an elite Task Force, he tracks a brutal terrorist to his home town. And runs into the woman who betrayed him…

Evangeline Videl was destroyed when Hunter left. Determined to move on, she finds another man, but discovers too late the monster hidden beneath his smooth smile. Struggling to find the conviction to live, Evie finds her life spinning out of control. 

Then Hunter returns…

Forced to band together to find the terrorist before its too late, Hunter and Evie must learn to forgive or risk losing the promise of redemption and their lives…


My Review




4 Second Chance Stars


*I do want to take a moment to say there are some very graphic scenes in this book of physical abuse and domestic violence.*

"I want another chance, Evie. I know I don't deserve it, but I want it."

Redemption River is the 1st book in the Men of Mercy series and was action pact awesomeness. Dayum my weakness for yummy bad ass military men, this book, OMG, so many yummy sexy soldiers I was in heaven! I got the ARC of the second book in this series Resurrection River so OCD had me buying this book. That way I could read them in order since this book's hero and the next book's hero are brothers. This is the first time I have read a book from Lindsay Cross and I really enjoyed it. I also just want to say that the covers for this series are smokin' hot. 

"You are an idiot, Hunter James. I never wanted him. I wanted you. But you left."

What this book is about

Hunter James is back in his hometown on an under cover mission. A mission he doesn't want. He has to get close to his ex to see if she is involved in running guns to a terrorist group. He doesn't want to get close again to the only woman he has ever loved, the woman who broke his heart when he saw her kissing another man. Will Hunter be able to put his past hurt aside to do his mission? Or will he find out that things aren't always what they seem? 

"It's been raining a shit-ton since I've been back." Jesus Christ, he might as well be talking to the grocery store clerk. Evie burst out laughing. "What's so funny?" "Nothing. Just, you know. The weather?" "Would you rather me talk about how bad I want to fuck you right now?"

Hunter:


I loved Hunter! He was all kinds of yummy goodness. Kick ass super solider, protective, and a little playful. He had major home issues when he lived with his real parents, before he was adopted and those issues color his judgement. He jumps the gun and thinks Evie cheated on him and leaves for years without saying a word to her. Hunter felt very realistic to me. He wasn't a perfect hero he made some mistakes, but he has a good heart. 

"I've been thinking about you for a long time. Holding you. Touching you like this. I don't know how much longer I can keep myself in check." 

Evie:


Evie bless her heart, has had it rough the last 5 or so years. The love of her life just leaves and doesn't tell her why. Then when she finally decides to move on with her life she gets into an relationship with a abuse jerk that almost kills her. And now he is trying to use her to run what he told her was drugs but really it's gun to Mexico and launder money. Evie has lived though hell but she is still fighting to piece her life back together. She is a survivor. Evie is very sweet, and loving, and she tries to be brave even when she is scared to death. My heart hurt for Evie. She was very endearing.

"Who the hell are you to interrogate me? It's none of your business who sends me texts." Evie managed to pull of the affronted act even though she was quaking like a terrified little girl inside. "I'm the guy who saved your life. And it's looking like this won't be the only time I'll need to step in." Hunter turned her around, his hands heavy on her shoulders. Evie yanked free of his grip. "Aren't you forgetting one teeny tiny fact? You left me. And you show up expecting me to just bow down before you?"


"You little wild cat. I'm going to tan your ass for that."

Hunter and Evie together are super hot. They have a past and I wish I could have seen a little more of it. Evie is very forgiving because if Hunter would have just asked her about things, it would have saved them both a ton of hurt. I really liked the secondary characters especially Jared, and Ranger. Redemption River is a non stop thrill ride. The only reason it's a 4 star and not a 5 is because there was a few times at the start of the book that I was a little confused and even though the book is like 300 or more pages their relationship felt rushed. Loved the HEA, and I can't wait to start Ranger and Amy's story. Below I leave a couple of my favorite quotes:

"I know you can't keep your hands off me, but we gotta get out of here," Hunters said. Evie punched his arm and he couldn't hold back a grin. "You kissed me," She said. "Your come-fuck-me look was calling my name sweetheart." "You....you..." "Angel?" Hunter supplied, enjoying the angry flush spreading across her cheeks. "Devil."


"Nice song. I didn't know you listened to JT." "I've found I have a taste for songs about revenge." "Really? Or just boy bands?"



No comments:

Post a Comment