Friday, March 27, 2015

Heat Seeker

Book Review of Heat Seeker (Elite Ops Series)


Title: Heat Seeker

Series: Elite Ops

Author: Lora Leigh

Date Published:  September 1st 2009 

The Blurb: 
John Vincent has always led a life of danger, and now he has every reason to want to remain as dead as the obituary in the Australian papers had proclaimed him to be. He’d left nothing behind in the life he had once led—except for one woman, and one night of unforgettable passion. Now, both will return to haunt him…

Bailey Serborne is still tormented by a past she can’t change and a man she hasn’t been able to forget. A man who was supposed to dead.. But now, a stroke of fate has revealed that sometimes, a woman is given a second chance to heal her heart—and exact the sweetest revenge


My Review



3 Who the Fuck is Jules Mate? Stars




“Damn you, I can’t think of anything but this some days. You’re my weakness, Bailey. And my strength.” 

Well hmmm. OKay I would tell you what this story is about but I'm not sure I truly know! To say this book was a little confusing is a understatement, lets put it this way . I felt like I should have been taking notes or had a guide to keep up. I had to go back a few times and try to figure shit out and then I just got kinda pissed about it! I will try anyway to tell you what the story is about bare with me..... Ok so Heat Seeker is the 3rd book in the Elite Ops Series. In this story we meet John Vincent who use to be Trent a Australian Secret Intelligence Agent. He had been working under cover with CIA Agent Bailey Serborne for a few months they fall in love have one night of passion and sex and then when he is leaving to go get breakfast , someone tries to blow him up. He gets fixed up by Elite Ops signing on with them and letting everyone believe he died including Bailey. Fast forward 6 years . (P.S the book says 5 years and then a 1 year later but still says 5 years so some editor somewhere doesn't work well with numbers Just sayin!) Okay so here is where shit goes to hell for me. So Bailey is fired from the CIA or quites not sure which, and she goes home where she is super rich and she is playing a rich woman who got fired so that she can trick the bad guy "Mr Warbucks" in to trusting her, believing her to be angry over losing her job and willing to turn on her government and join the dark side. How she does this is by living a normal rich girl life, parties, shopping, but for some confusing reason that works for her because Mr Warbucks is watching her and is going to let her choose the Arms Dealer he is going to hire to sell some super kick ass missiles, but he doesn't tell her she is to pick. I guess he posted a bad guy bulletin and told all brokers hey it's Baileys choice!!! John comes to her asking her to work with him acting like he is her lover and her choice of Dealers so they can save the world together from Evil Mr Warbucks ( lame ass name). And the Confusion gets worse from there because then we meet a slew of new characters, Dealers, John's team, Warbucks's men, other rich people, suspects that could be Mr. Warbucks, and a few assassins. The editing is so bad and towards the end someone name Jules just comes outta no where and I'm like Who the fuck is Jules?? I think she might be Mary but who the hell knows for sure.


“What is it, then? You aren’t jealous that another man holds my heart? Don’t you care that I want to call out his name when I’m coming around your cock?” 

John was ok for me. He didn't really stand out just kinda there. Not much depth I mean he was kick ass and all ,but other than that you don't learn much about him. He is suppose to be funny and playful , but you don't really get to see that in this book.


“I remember, love,” he whispered as a soft sob tore from her lips. “I remember every touch, every kiss. I remember you like a dream that saves my soul.”


“We’ll never speak of this again,” he insisted roughly, his own heart breaking as her eyes filled with tears again. “Tonight, Bailey. Just tonight, we forget where we are, who we have to be. Just for tonight.”



“I will always love you.” He couldn’t hold the words back. “Until my last breath, sweet Bailey. I’ll love only you.”



Bailey was a little better than John because she was sassy, and kicked ass, but she also didn't have much depth. 


“Do I still love him?” She wanted to laugh at the bitter irony of the question. “I love a memory, don’t I? Trent is gone forever. Dead men don’t rise from the grave, do they, John? They don’t come back to the lovers who weep for them, and they don’t hold the women who dream for them. They’re just gone. Aren’t they?”


“I dreamed of this,” she whispered on a sob as she buried her lips against his neck. “I dreamed of you touching me, holding me again. Loving me. Love me, Trent. One more time.”


“I want to hold on to you forever,” she sobbed against his shoulder. “Don’t let go of me, John. Not yet.”


Now I did enjoy some of the story mainly their relationship. John and bailey in the sack are hott. I really enjoyed the touching love making in the shower when he lets her know who he is , even though she already knew. I really didn't care for the story plot it was just too damn all over the place for me to keep up and kinda bordered on boring. I normally don't trip on editing problems, but it was so bad in this book that it really took away from the story and made a confusing plot harder to follow. Now I got my copy from the library (Thank God I didn't buy it or I would have been ticked) , but I hope they have went back and fixed the errors since it's been a few years since the book first came out. This book was ok, I hope the next one is better.......



No comments:

Post a Comment