Monday, March 2, 2015

Wrath

Book Review of Wrath (New Species Series)



Title: Wrath

Series: New Species Series

Author: Laurann Dohner

Date Published: March 6th 2012

The Blurb: 
Wrath volunteers to live and work outside Homeland, where he'll once again be confined in a small space with other males. He was subjected to horrific abuse and conditioning and forced to view endless sex tapes of human females while chained to Mercile's perverted machines. Wrath knows he's too dangerous and emotionally damaged to ever be with a female.

Lauren has just been detained by three big, buff, well-armed men-New Species. One of them really catches her eye. He's tall, sexy and . . . her new roommate, apparently. Having never met a man this spectacular, she decides to taste every inch of his amazing body. Wrath is definitely open to that plan. The sex is incredible and he gives her everything she needs-but he'll only go so far. Something is holding him back.

Lauren has to make him unleash his desire and Wrath has to get past his fear if the couple wants any chance at a future together.


My Review


4 “I’m all yours, baby.” stars


“I know you won’t. You will be very gentle with me. I know that from the way you touch me. I trust you. Have some trust in yourself.”


Wrath is the 6th book in the New Species Series, and it is a great read! Wrath has not tasted freedom for long. He still lives the nightmares of his sexual abuse and torture. Not feeling safe to be around females, and wanting to help others of his kind find freedom he joins the task force team. Him and a few of his team mates are out trying to capture Bill, a ex Mercile employee. Instead a beautiful blonde shows up and it shocks him that he is attracted to her. Lauren makes him want things he feels he is too messed up to have. While holding her to find out what she knows about bill, she is attacked and he is made her protector, being around her all the time causes passions to ignite. Will he be able to get over his fears and past demons to have the woman he wants?

“Oh yeah,” Lauren gasped. “Doggy style is my favorite too.” Wrath lowered his head, kissed her neck and chuckled. “Canines do it best.”



Wrath was one sexy damaged alpha male. Even with everything he has lived through he has a good heart and wants to help others. He is brave. Even with all the demons from the past he never gives up. He is a fighter!


“I never believed I’d be attracted to a human female but you’re all I want.”


“I hope you meant it when you said I have you because I can’t let you go. You’re my mate, my other half, and my soul.”


“I can’t get enough of you. I have already scent imprinted you. I’m possessive and dominant. We keep being told that our kind has a deep-seated need to control the people around us but you control me. You look at me and I want to do anything to make you happy.”



Lauren made the book for me. She is very real and down to earth. She has a few extra pounds , but she is ok with that. She is beautiful inside and out. She was sassy, and a fighter. I love that she was so sweet and understanding of Wrath's past and the problems that he suffers from his abuse. She gives him love, support, and total trust. Letting him take things at his own pace, and willing to take whatever he feels he can give. I just loved her!!!


“I meant I don’t believe that you’d be rough with me and cause me pain. You’ve been nothing but wonderful. I admit my sexual experiences aren’t that vast but I wish you could see yourself the way I do now.”


“You’re amazing, strong, determined and brave. You hunt down those assholes that hurt your people. That’s so noble and yeah, brave. I admire you and think you’re the sexiest guy ever. I’m so glad you came into my life.”


“You make me happy. I hope I make you feel that way too. This…” She waved her hand at the room. “Doesn’t matter. It’s just being with you that does. I know your past and mine are drastically dissimilar but it’s the here and now that I care about.”


This book was a very enjoyable read, and added nicely to the continuing story line. Lauren and Wrath together are sweet, tender, but sexy too. I loved her best friend Amanda and I hope to see more of her... Maybe with Flame?? Wrath was a very nice addition to the series. I am on to the next book. Below I leave my favorite moment from the book.


“Ask me, Wrath. Please?” “I can’t. I’m not fit to be a mate and I have nothing to offer you.”That did it. Anger rose. “Nothing? You’re wonderful and amazing, Wrath. You’ve had such a rough life yet you’re the kindest man I’ve ever met. You’ve given me more in the short time we’ve had together than anyone else ever has. You risked your life to get me back. You fought for me when Vengeance went a little nuts and I love you. Do you know what it does to me when you hold me? I feel like I’m exactly where I belong. You touch me and I’ve never been so alive. You have scars inside and out but you faced your fears to make love to me. That’s the best gift anyone could give.” He shrugged off her hold. His hands rose to cup her cheeks and leaned down until their faces were just a few mere inches apart and searched her eyes. She wasn’t sure what he looked for but she knew he’d find honestly. “I won’t ever let you go if you agree to be my mate. Ever. It won’t be easy but I’d do anything for you to make you happy. I would die if you ever left me. I couldn’t survive missing you.” “I choose you, Wrath. Always you. You’re not going to lose me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment