Thursday, March 12, 2015

True

Book Review of True (New Species Series)



Title: True

Series: New Species Series

Author: Laurann Dohner

Date Published: December 10th 2013

The Blurb: 
Jeanie loves a New Species and is willing to pay for that love with pain, tears and heartbreak. She’ll do anything to keep 710 alive but she never wants him to know how she suffered for him. He’s the reason for her mission in life—freeing others like him.

True has a new life working with the NSO to rescue his people. A good life, until he encounters a dying woman—the female who betrayed him. True should feel gratified that she’s finally going to pay for her crimes, but she claims to be a victim too. He is still irresistibly drawn to the pretty little human who touched his heart and made him want her. When he clasps her hand to offer comfort, his instincts kick in and True will fight everyone to protect her.
 


My Review


4 “I…hurt for you.” Stars


\


“I’ll give you half a dozen if it makes you happy. I’d love to have children.” True grinned. “Half a dozen?” She laughed. “Okay. Maybe that’s too many but after the sex we just had I’m feeling generous where you’re concerned.”


Oh yeah! True is the 11th book in the New Species Series, and the series is still kicking some major ass. Jeanie is working undercover to help free New Species from labs that have not been busted yet, or so she thinks...... Imagine her surprise when she wakes up in the hospital after being shot during a raid freeing the NS , to find out that she is going to prison, and they believe she is the enemy. Even worse then no one believing her is that 710 now known as True , who she is in love with, who she let herself be torturously experimented on with unknown drugs to keep him alive, is looking at her like she is the enemy , with anger and disgust! How is Jeanie going to win the trust of the man she loves, and prove to everyone that she isn't the bad guy?


“You should see your face,” she whispered. “You’re so sexy when you bite your lower lip and give me that wild look.”


True:

True was very likable . He was sweet, protective, and strong. Like all of the other NS males he is brave and honorable. I liked that he tried not to fight in front of Jeanie, knowing it upset her and controlled his temper well! He also was romantic and had a playful side.


“I belong to you as much as you belong to me. I will always protect you and take care of you. I almost lost you again. You have no idea how it would have destroyed me if those males had taken you from me. I will do everything in my control to make you happy.”



“You took pain for me.” His voice deepened. “You suffered so I could live. I never thought anyone could love me, Jeanie. I will give you so much pleasure to erase the memories of the pain if you’ll allow me.”



Jeanie:

Jeanie was caring with a big heart. She wants to help and do the right thing. She was very sweet, and brave. I loved how much she took care of the NS in the places she worked , how they all had great things to say about her. I also loved the fact that even though she was tenderhearted she still kicked total ass when she needed too!


“You changed my life, True. I think I fell in love with you from the moment I met you and you spoke to me. I didn’t want you to mate with me out of gratitude. I need you to care about me as much as I do you.”


“Fuck you, Jerry. Yeah. I know your name. I saw your picture when they showed me all the men who used to work for the NSO. Director Jerry Boris. You got fired because you were an asshole to Fury’s mate. He said you almost got her killed and tried to take her from him. You just can’t leave mates alone, can you? You took me from mine and guess what? I’m furious.”



 “You’re heaven.” Jeanie chuckled. “What a pair. You think I’m heaven and I think you’re a god.” “God, huh?” His hands lowered to firmly grab her ass as he ground his hips upward, sinking into her deeper. “A sex god.”

The plot to this book was very good. I hated the bad guy , Jerry Boris he made the perfect icky bad guy. Loved True and Jeanie as a couple they are very sweet. I loved Breeze again. For real Breeze needs her own damn book she is one of my favs and needs a HEA!! I liked Darkness alot in this book too. Can't wait to see what he is like in his own book which is next! This was a great book in the Series and I am glad that the series is still going strong 11 books in , I am not bored and they are keeping me coming back for more! I will leave my favorite moment below:


“I’m sorry.” It was the only thing she could think to say. He lifted her until they were at the same height and she had no choice but to stare into his eyes. The tears that glistened in them weren’t a surprise. He had to be mortified at what she’d done—almost as much as she was. “For what?” “I lost my shit.” He sniffed. “It smells so bad down here, I can’t tell.” Tiger snorted. “She didn’t have an accident. She is talking about what she did to Boris.” True smiled. “I know. I was teasing. I wanted to get a smile from her. I’m proud of how strong you are, Jeanie. It took strength to attack him and try to force him to tell you about the Gift Female.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment