Monday, July 25, 2016

Forbidden Fling

Book Review of Forbidden Fling (Wildwood series)


Title:Forbidden Fling 

Series: Wildwood Series


Author: Skye Jordan 


Date Published: July 26th 2016


Date Read:    July 24, 2016


The Blurb:

Delaney Hart has come a long way from her wild youth, dating tattooed bikers at her father’s bar, The Bad Seed. But when his death pulls her back to Wildwood, California, she must stay to renovate the dive he left her. And also face the lies and secrets that sent her running ten years before.


When Wildwood’s chief building inspector, Ethan Hayes, shows up on the property, Delaney doesn’t recognize him. The last thing he wants to do is save the bar where his cousin died in a brawl. But the good boy from her past is all too willing to remind her of the bad girl she used to be. And one night of passion leaves them both in a compromising position.

The last place Ethan should be is in Delaney’s bed. Guilt, family pressure, and plans for a brewpub of his own make shutting down The Bad Seed his top priority…until his feelings for Delaney interfere. Because her future depends on the success of the bar’s renovation and his dreams are rooted in its failure, their forbidden romance may be destined for heartbreak

My Review


3.5 You are what I need Stars


"Don't you have other women you can touch?" "Maybe. But you are the only woman I want to touch." "You certainly like playing with fire."-Delaney and Ethan

Forbidden Fling was an enjoyable read. It took me a little bit to get use to the third person writing style(for some reason 3rd person always takes me a minute to get use too) but once I did I really got into the story. I loved the whole modern Romeo and Juliet, star crossed, enemy families theme going on in this book. The drama kept me on edge wondering how they were going to ever be together and what would happen next. 

"I've never wanted anyone the way I want you. It.......scares me."-Delaney

Ethan and Delaney were both likable and down to earth characters. I loved Delaney's sassy mouth and thick skin. She didn't take anyone's crap but didn't come off hateful. Ethan was very sexy and all that dirty talk he did upped his hotness points. They had some major chemistry and were burning up the pages with their passion. 

"And I'm definitely ignoring this one, because as much as I might agree with you logically, every other part of me flat-out refuses to jump on board. Emotionally, physically, mentally, I only want to be with you. The last week has been miserable without you in it."-Ethan

Ethan's family drove me crazy. I loved it every time Ethan stood up to them. All the other secondary characters were intriguing. I really liked the little bit of Avery I got to see and I hope her book is next. Overall I really liked this read. The reason I gave it 3.5 stars is because I would have like more relationship development. There was plenty of sex and that is fine but I would have liked a little more quality time between the couple so I could have felt their love. Also I didn't like the abrupt ending. It was jarring. I went to turn the page and nothing it was over and I was like wow that's it. I will be reading Avery's book if and when it comes out!

"You are what I need."-Ethan





No comments:

Post a Comment