Friday, July 15, 2016

No Falling Allowed

Book Review of No Falling Allowed (No Kissing Allowed series)


Title:No Falling Allowed


Series: No Kissing Allowed Series


Author: Melissa West


Date Published: July 18th 2016


Date Read:    July 13th 2016


The Blurb:

My life just went South…

Twenty-four hours. That’s how long it took my life to flip upside down.

Wake up in bed alone after the best night of my life? Check.

Get fired instead of the promised promotion? Check.

Wealthy parents cut me off when I refuse to follow their path for my life? Check.

Now I’m in Cricket Creek, SC—a place where no New Yorker belongs—disowned and broke, with a new job that I can’t mess up. Oh yeah, and staring at my one-night stand, who happens to be the complete opposite of my type.

Southern.

Cocky.

Bartender.

Noah Hunter never should have made it back to my apartment in NYC, and I definitely shouldn’t be in his small town. But fate had another plan. Or a horrible sense of humor.

Who knew Mr. Wrong could feel so right…


 My Review



4 I'm in All in Stars


No Falling Allowed, the 2nd book in the No Kissing Allowed Series, was very cute. It works well as a standalone. I didn't read the first book and I was fine. This book was a quick, funny, and very charming read. I was smiling like a sap or laughing the whole book. I liked both Grace and Noah. Noah was cocky, sexy, but at the same time sweet, loving, and protective of those he loved. Noah had a lot of loss in his life and he held his brother close and tried to shut everyone else out. Grace was a rich girl who wanted to make her own way in the world. She was independent, sassy, brave, and sweet. Grace had a lot of insecurities and feelings like she was never good enough that she hid behind a mask of confidence.


Noah and Grace were smokin' hot together. They had a strong connection that came through the pages. I thought Noah's little brother Jonah was cute. Especially the way he made everyone say sorry to God if they said God's name in vain. I loved the besties vibes that Grace, Cameron, and Lauren were putting out. There was some awesome girl bonding going on. I was sad for the thing that happened at the end of the book to Lauren and I would love for her to get her own book. I think I may go back and read Cam and Aidan's book too. I haven't read anything from Melissa West before but I clicked with her writing style. I enjoyed everything about this book. The only reason it's a 4 star and not 5 is I wanted more. I wished it was longer so I could have got deeper with Grace and Noah. I also would have liked a epilogue that showed more Than a few days into their future. I wanted to see a few years down the road. Still this book was a great, low angst, sweet read.







No comments:

Post a Comment