Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sawyer's Rose

Book Review of Sawyer's Rose (McCades Of Cheyenne series)



Title:Sawyer's Rose


Series: McCades of Cheyenne Series


Author: Kim Turner


Date Published: March 18th 2016 


Date Read:    July 11th 2016


The Blurb:

As if he doesn't have enough to handle between running outlaws out of Cheyenne, keeping his brothers out of trouble, and avenging his father's death, Sheriff Sawyer McCade's meddling mother just dumped a mysterious mail-order bride on his doorstep. One woman can be more trouble than a band of renegades, and while this one has him all stirred up, he'd rather get to the bottom of the story she isn't telling. 


Rose Parker had it all—until a web of danger and deceit sends her running to Cheyenne posing as a mail-order bride. Escaping the evils of New York seems sensible until she meets the unsuspecting sheriff who didn't ask for her, has no intention of marrying her, and won't rest until he uncovers her secret and sends her back home.
 


My Review


3 The Days of Sawyer's Life Stars



Well this was a satisfactory read for me. Not bad but not great. The first half was pretty slow. It picked up a little after the half way mark but for the most part it was a slower pace read. There was a few cool wild west type gun fights to shake things up. I think the two major problems I had with this book are 1. It skips around weeks at a time with no clear timeline. That left me trying to figure out what was going on more than once and in general was just confusing. One minute they are eating dinner then it weeks later and it doesn't even say how many weeks later, then it's weeks later again. And it didn't just confuse the timeline it confused the plot and slowed it down. For instance Sawyer would be in his office thinking of Rose then in the next sentence he was at the ranch eating dinner weeks later and I was like what whoa how did we get here. 2. There is not much in the way of relationship development for 3/4s of the book. It was more like "The Days of Sawyer's Life" soap then a romance. I mean Sawyer was interesting, but I wanted love and romance. Although we readers do get some sweet moments the last 1/4 of the book I was looking for more. The couple were almost never together, didn't really speak a lot to each other and did their own things (Mainly Sawyer) then at the 1/4 mark they're in love and I didn't really feel that love because after 3/4s of a book, hundreds of pages I didn't really see how they had been around each other or talked to each other enough to have any feelings at all. It felt very superficial. I liked the secondary characters and I wouldn't mind reading Wyatt's book. Overall this book was an okay read and I would try this author again.




No comments:

Post a Comment